Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
There is no reason to BOOOOOOO Mitchy .. he is who he is and he hasn't changed from time he was 5 on da ice .. what you see is what you get .. it is not his fault Shanny/Dubie overpaid him .. you should direct your anger at those 2 guys .. folks players do everything they can to make da show and then do even more to get a contract so they are set for life .. Mitchy is one of few who has set himself up for life (and his kids lives too) .. so you got to be happy for Mitchy as he accomplished his objective .. boooing him because of his contract or da way he plays is silly .. sure boooooo him like crazy if he doesn't give his all .. but then again over many many years of seeing him up close and personal I can say maybe only a couple times I saw Mitchy not give his all and it was done only to send a message to his dad when i asked him about it .. he has several flaws in his game which he has had since he was 5 which I have noted to you guys .. again he is not gonna change his ways .. bottom line with our current roster we don't need a ROVER like Mitchy .. it is a bad fit with current team .. what we really do need badly is a top flight 2 way D who can control games especially in playoffs

Reactions: Bust and notDatsyuk

Cassell

Apr 28, 2024
There is no reason to BOOOOOOO Mitchy .. he is who he is and he hasn't changed from time he was 5 on da ice .. what you see is what you get .. it is not his fault Shanny/Dubie overpaid him .. you should direct your anger at those 2 guys .. folks players do everything they can to make da show and then do even more to get a contract so they are set for life .. Mitchy is one of few who has set himself up for life (and his kids lives too) .. so you got to be happy for Mitchy as he accomplished his objective .. boooing him because of his contract or da way he plays is silly .. sure boooooo him like crazy if he doesn't give his all .. but then again over many many years of seeing him up close and personal I can say maybe only a couple times I saw Mitchy not give his all and it was done only to send a message to his dad when i asked him about it .. he has several flaws in his game which he has had since he was 5 which I have noted to you guys .. again he is not gonna change his ways .. bottom line with our current roster we don't need a ROVER like Mitchy .. it is a bad fit with current team .. what we really do need badly is a top flight 2 way D who can control games especially in playoffs

Ummmm… what?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
A rover huh.
73rd percentile is skating distance. You spend a lot of time watching him without the puck?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
We will probably sign him but I hope they let him test the market as the market can negotiate a better price than the Leafs org. Seeing how the Gaudreau and Huberdeau contracts are looking terrible, I’d think gm’s will be reluctant to give a soft winger franchise player money.
Yes, let him see offers elsewhere, I agree. We wouldn’t get the best deal this early anyway. Only way he signs early is if we overpay again, so naturally I hope this goes until next summer.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Curious case of untradeable Mitch. Elite on PK, last year of RFA contract, great in the locker room, loves dogs!

ROR said a good think about him after he left Leafs.

Other teams just don't know what they are missing.

Boo them for 41 games !! Booo, take Mitch with you!! BOOOO

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
A rover huh.
73rd percentile is skating distance. You spend a lot of time watching him without the puck?

Working today? 73rd percentile TOP 1 RFA contract.

Yeah, he holds onto pucks, skating perimeter*. Thanks for the reminder.

*Unless approached, when near other players he turns into charity and starts gifting pucks to the audience.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I wouldn't boo any player but I would deliberately not boo Mitch because of all the stupid idiots that bother him in his personal life. Would probably cheer him on as a gesture of goodwill knowing he isn't allowed to do anything about it.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Yes, the Leafs very much owe Mitch the opportunity to do what’s best for him while he fails to deliver what’s best for the Leafs, including doing what he’s being overpaid to do.

However did we luck into this gem?

Can’t wait for him to be gone. He’s not a player you win with, and we are better served to reallocate the cap space to make the team better as a whole.

Snizz Mitch can can go do his regular season thing/playoff nothing/back at the cottage thing elsewhere, please.

Lol get ready to boo him next season then

Mitch owes it to himself to do what’s best for him.

Anyone who does a sign and trade either has an IQ less than 70 or has an agent with an IQ less than 70.

Mitch will either get traded at the deadline for a 1st or he will finish this season as a Leaf.

The sign and trade won’t happen.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Anyone who does a sign and trade either has an IQ less than 70 or has an agent with an IQ less than 70.

Mitch will either get traded at the deadline for a 1st or he will finish this season as a Leaf.

Why do you think a sign and trade is so bad for the player?

For example, what if Edmonton wants to trade Nugent-Hopkins for Marner even up, if Toronto signs Mitch to a $13x8 contract first.

I know it's not a good trade for the Leafs, but would Marner be an idiot to agree to it?

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015
Why do you think a sign and trade is so bad for the player?

For example, what if Edmonton wants to trade Nugent-Hopkins for Marner even up, if Toronto signs Mitch to a $13x8 contract first.

I know it's not a good trade for the Leafs, but would Marner be an idiot to agree to it?

Yes he would be an idiot to agree to it.

Draisaitl is a UFA and McDavid has 1 year left.

Why go to EDM long term if McDavid isn't signed there long term?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

Are you talking to yourself?

This is your 2nd post where you @ one of my posts talking about a sign and trade.

Please show me any post where I say anything remotely close to a sign and trade.

A gentle reminder that Drano is not meant for drinking……

Weird, but whatever.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
A rover huh.

Doesn't everyone? You watch the players away from the play to see the play develop, I'm constantly watching the puck carrier then watching players away from the puck to see what seams are opening.

Curious case of untradeable Mitch. Elite on PK, last year of RFA contract, great in the locker room, loves dogs!

ROR said a good think about him after he left Leafs.

Other teams just don't know what they are missing.

Boo them for 41 games !! Booo, take Mitch with you!! BOOOO

Curious case of fans with their heads up their arses, absence of a trade does not mean the Leafs ever tried to trade him. Stellar logic there sport.
1+1=3? LOL.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Working today? 73rd percentile TOP 1 RFA contract.

Yeah, he holds onto pucks, skating perimeter*. Thanks for the reminder.

*Unless approached, when near other players he turns into charity and starts gifting pucks to the audience.
You conveniently omit his high point generation. I didn't expect anything less of you

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
You conveniently omit his high point generation. I didn't expect anything less of you. A rover was typically used to describe an offensive dman. Only in some small minds around here would a quality of skating everywhere and being a 200 ft player would be considered a liability. Pick up a book and learn a couple of things. It would be good for you.
He isn't skating away from the play

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
A rover huh.
No I have had a few years of watching him from bench both with and without puck and his patterns of playing game have not changed since he was 5 .. I prefer to watch C and Ds without da puck .. but older I get da less of watching guys without puck I do .. generally I take one of my buddies to games so more time eating and drinking occurs

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yes he would be an idiot to agree to it.

Draisaitl is a UFA and McDavid has 1 year left.

Why go to EDM long term if McDavid isn't signed there long term?
All of which is irrelevant.

You made a blanket statement that a sign and trade was bad for a player. I want to know why you think that.

So if McDavid and Draisaitl are signed long term and McDavid says he wants Mitch on his wing, is Marner an idiot to agree to the sign and trade?

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

You made a blanket statement that a sign and trade was bad for a player. I want to know why you think that.

So if McDavid and Draisaitl are signed long term and McDavid says he wants Mitch on his wing, is Marner an idiot to agree to the sign and trade?
I was thinking trade him out east, but Edmonton would be great place to send him.

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015

It’s not irrelevant at all.
You’re taking about playing with the two best players in the NHL. The only downside is living in Edmonton.

As to why I think it’s a foolish decision for a player to do a sign and trade. Read my previous post

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I was thinking trade him out east, but Edmonton would be great place to send him.
True, but I was really just using Edmonton as an example, since they made it to the finals and have a centre (can't think of his name) who might be better than Matty.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
True, but I was really just using Edmonton as an example, since they made it to the finals and have a centre (can't think of his name) who might be better than Matty.
They have two centers better than playoff Matthews

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It’s not irrelevant at all.
You’re taking about playing with the two best players in the NHL. The only downside is living in Edmonton.

As to why I think it’s a foolish decision for a player to do a sign and trade. Read my previous post
It is irrelevant. You made a blanket statement that a player was an idiot to agree to a sign and trade. I want to know why you think that is generally true, not why you don't like a particular one.

Your previous post didn't say why you think a sign and trade is bad, just why you don't like that particular one.

Pick any team you like, and say they want to trade for Marner if Toronto signs him for $13Mx8. How about Colorado? Or Florida? Or Boston?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Its surprising how very little interest there is in Marner on the trade market, with very little chatter even just rumours of teams looking to acquire his service that would give GM BT even a reason to approach Marner on issue.

It appears what might be the asking price in trade or the future Marner contract, combined with his continued poor playoff performance has drawn very little interest around the NHL World.

Perhaps teams are willing to wait until he hits the free agent market next summer before considering him for their teams. :help:

My point being this lack of interest is actually helping Marner, because if there were actual interested parties and Mitch was ASKED to waive his NMC and refused then Fan anger towards him would increase to even include showing that while attending games next year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad