Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Unlike Mitch who probably thinks he owes us nothing, we are rewarding William because maybe he outperformed his past contract. Thankyou William good job.
Perhaps, that could be the reason for the overpay.
You seem to be able to read minds, is that what Treliving was thinking?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Perhaps, that could be the reason for the overpay.
You seem to be able to read minds, is that what Treliving was thinking?
You darn well know it is all speculation and we are just screwing around but the points I made are what I would do if I were the GM.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Unlike Mitch who probably thinks he owes us nothing, we are rewarding William because maybe he outperformed his past contract. Thankyou William good job.
He didn’t outperform anything. He focussed when his contract was expiring and then immediately reverted back once he signed a new deal.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
We were talking about Marner's supposedly superior defensive play, and your response was "I've watched more games"?

I posted some stats that would seem to be relevant, and your response was "in no universe is Nylander considered a better player". Hyperbole aside, there are a number of posters just here who think that, and making a groundless statement like that really isn't doing anything positive for your side of the discussion.
There really arent any external objective truths that are variable person to person. There is no case that can be made in the interest of a relative salary merits that can support your rather astounding assertion. In short, there is zero imperical evidence. You say you have watched every leaf game short of a handful since the 60's yet you fail in basic objectivity in your apparent goal of sharing something positive in the discussion. Until you provide some contextual explanation, it is merely fan fiction that you are egaged in. Sure Willy is a faster skater and a harder shot. He is a smaller version of Al Iafrate skill wise...and yes...they both cant or couldnt play defense worth a damn.
That said, I am perfectly fine if Marner is given the same salary as Nylander. It would demonstrate some good will that he took a relative discount. No chance will he take less nor would he be offered less because unlike you, the sane understand he isn't less of a player. That means the floor is nylander's salary.

Reactions: Petrus and ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
There really arent any external objective truths that are variable person to person. There is no case that can be made in the interest of a relative salary merits that can support your rather astounding assertion. In short, there is zero imperical evidence. You say you have watched every leaf game short of a handful since the 60's yet you fail in basic objectivity in your apparent goal of sharing something positive in the discussion. Until you provide some contextual explanation, it is merely fan fiction that you are egaged in. Sure Willy is a faster skater and a harder shot. He is a smaller version of Al Iafrate skill wise...and yes...they both cant or couldnt play defense worth a damn.
That said, I am perfectly fine if Marner is given the same salary as Nylander. It would demonstrate some good will that he took a relative discount. No chance will he take less nor would he be offered less because unlike you, the sane understand he isn't less of a player. That means the floor is nylander's salary.
I doubt a Red Wing fan has watched every Leaf game.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He may want to stay, but it just costs more as the discount horse left the ranch yrs ago.

It has nothing to do with being a fan. That wore off yrs ago.
I won't blame him for not taking a discount before, but Dubas is gone so he shouldn't get overpaid again.

Reactions: Confucius

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He’s worth what he’ll get. Most other markets can simply say it’s not Toronto. That’s a big selling point.

Why they haven’t traded him is mind boggling. Their options are overpaying or letting him walk, which is poor asset management.
I'm not particularly surprised that he hasn't been traded. They would have to get an offer they think is worthwhile from a team he's willing to waive to go to. That's not even considering that he might just want to play out the year and test the FA waters.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Not trading him isn’t really a big deal after all I think we would get a lesser player back anyway. Trading him for picks and using the 11 million on UFA’s would be better but that is the gamble
That's the problem - with the way he's overpaid, in a trade we'd either get back a lesser player or have to take a bad contract too, or have to retain.

Picks or prospects would be nice, but what team can add $11M (or more) to their cap, and would be one he'd want to go to?

If the team is determined to not have him after this year, letting him walk may be the only way.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
This is another post where you have criticized me and insulted me, but not addressed the data I provided.

I doubt a Red Wing fan has watched every Leaf game.
Just out of curiosity, why would you think I was a Red Wings fan?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
80, 87 and 98 point season with 2 of them being 40 goal years seems like we got a good deal for a 6.9 million cap hit. You are tough.. lol!
Do you think he’ll ever perform at 11.5 clip? Or do you think he’ll revert to 85 point player?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
This is another post where you have criticized me and insulted me, but not addressed the data I provided.

Just out of curiosity, why would you think I was a Red Wings fan?
Your name.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Your name.
Fair enough if you don't know the story.

One of the leagues I played in a few years ago provided NHL team sweaters. One year we got Detroit ones, and somehow I ended up with #13.

I play defence, and I'm not a great skater or puck handler - much more like Brian Glennie than Pavel Datsyuk. The guys used to call me "notDatsyuk".

That's really all there is to it.

I loved watching Datsyuk and Lidstrom, and a number of other players on other teams, but I was never a Red Wings fan.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Do you think he’ll ever perform at 11.5 clip? Or do you think he’ll revert to 85 point player?
My thoughts he is overpaid at 11.5 but if I’m rewarding him for outperforming his last deal, it’s fair and I’m more than fine with 40 goals and 85 points

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Booo

Man is on the most generous RFA contract in the league history and refuses to wave. A fan base that won't boo Mitch deserves another 50 years of playoff irrelevance.

There’s no evidence he was ever asked…

Reactions: ACC1224

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Numerous I goal game 7 losses, one in OT, to teams that went to the final, I’d say that was pretty close
I do not share your optimism nor do I recognize any progress.
Good for you that you still believe the Leafs have championship potential though, it must be comforting.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I do not share your optimism nor do I recognize any progress.
Good for you that you still believe the Leafs have championship potential though, it must be comforting.
Yeah it is, I almost always look at things as glass half full, I have no regrets and sure there were times when I should have taken a pessimists point of view, it’sjust not realistic to expect to always be correct

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
My thoughts he is overpaid at 11.5 but if I’m rewarding him for outperforming his last deal, it’s fair and I’m more than fine with 40 goals and 85 points
Id be OK with that as long as either Canada or the US beat him out at the Worlds.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
We will probably sign him but I hope they let him test the market as the market can negotiate a better price than the Leafs org. Seeing how the Gaudreau and Huberdeau contracts are looking terrible, I’d think gm’s will be reluctant to give a soft winger franchise player money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad