Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
As I said I don’t think he’s getting it from the leafs. I think on the open market there’s def a chance but I think the leafs will offer 11.5. A matching Nylander deal. It will be a true test of how bad Marner wants to be a leaf I think push comes to shove he potentially takes that deal to stat a leaf. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to market either.

They are offering him less than Nylander in that scenario... 12.1 is Nylander's % at the new cap.

I think Marner stays as a Leaf and it'll be over 12 million.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
They are offering him less than Nylander in that scenario... 12.1 is Nylander's % at the new cap.

I think Marner stays as a Leaf and it'll be over 12.1 million.

Fair, yes I have not been accounting for cap percentage to the estimated cap raise in 2025/26.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Fair, yes I have not been accounting for cap percentage to the estimated cap raise in 2025/26.
The Leafs should only offer based on the current cap.

The league should have set the 2025/26 cap in July2024 so everyone can budget accordingly. Blindly negotiating is stupid.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The Leafs should only offer based on the current cap.

The league should have set the 2025/26 cap in July2024 so everyone can budget accordingly. Blindly negotiating is stupid.

Well, then you'd have to change Nylander's cap % at the time of signing so you are signing Marner to a 12.2 million dollar deal instead of 12.1 million dollar deal in this scenario.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It is simply amazing to me that immature pro-player posters get any audience here when they advocate keeping the status quo and in fact pay MORE for a group of players who haven't won a GD Thing CLAIM to be "fans" of a team they "love".

Then of course there's the unmentionable obvious posters with a vested interest...

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Such a shame he led the Leafs to a only 1 PO appearance in his 6 years here. That 48 game season he did have 6 points in 7 games, which is pretty darn good but my memory has it him not moving the needle much on leading the Leafs to deep PO runs or Stanley Cups. I could be wrong though.

There's only so much a single player can do. The Leafs had some of the worst built teams in franchise history while he was here. Those Leafs teams didn't even have a 1C let alone talk about their goaltending and D core.

Imo if the current Leafs core was able to 'dial in' as much as Kessel did as soon as the playoffs rolled around, we would have seen some deeper runs

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, it’d be pretty surprising if a Marner extension comes in under 12 imo. He may have to go to market just so free agency can somewhat correct his AAV. It seems unlikely he’s going to take a cap percentage reduction from his previous contract to stay.
Marner is a good player but he is not a 12 million a year player. He’ll get 11

Reactions: francis246

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
It is simply amazing to me that immature pro-player posters get any audience here when they advocate keeping the status quo and in fact pay MORE for a group of players who haven't won a GD Thing CLAIM to be "fans" of a team they "love".

Then of course there's the unmentionable obvious posters with a vested interest...

Your binary thought process fascinates me.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
He better get that $11M from another team.

I don't want him as a Leaf any more.

He's more interested in starting his video game, golfing, and cottage seasons in early May rather than playing, and contributing, to a successful NHL playoff season.

If Marner stays, he better show up and show he's capable of playing playoff NHL hockey deep into May next season. If not, he can walk into free agency next July for all I care.

JMHO.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

It will happen all across the league as not many teams win.

The cap rises, and people get raises even if they get the same ch%, it is not a hard concept for most.

I don't think most people care if Marner stays or goes, but making changes just because is pointless and might start us trending in the other direction.

Who trusts Treliving with around $30 million cap space?

Nylander is not an 11.5 million dollar player, he probably shouldn't have even got 10.5, but here we are.

I can see Marner getting 12.5+ here.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

I don’t disagree with the bolded. Not convinced on the last part.

I’m just saying I’d be shocked if he takes less than Nylander’s deal adjusted for cap increase to stay on this team. That puts him in the 12s. Like I said, I think he needs to leave Toronto for a correction of his cap to be realized.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I don’t disagree with the bolded. Not convinced on the last part.

I’m just saying I’d be shocked if he takes less than Nylander’s deal adjusted for cap increase to stay on this team. That puts him in the 12s. Like I said, I think he needs to leave Toronto for a correction of his cap to be realized.

I’d be shocked if any team including the Leafs offered him 12.

He is nowhere near that level of player and should take a pay cut because he sucks.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Lol. Dude, there’s a more likely possibility that I will wake up 1 morning laying next to Adriana Lima then Marner ever going on a tear in the playoffs.
Same age category lol. Adriana Lima is definitely better than Marner.

• Haha
Reactions: mikeyz

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That’s just as dumb.

If the Leafs can’t offer him a contract the smart thing to do is take your time and decide what is best for your career and sign to a Team you can have success with and a city you can raise your family.

Accepting a sign and trade is a foolish decision for any player to make.

Marner does not owe the fans or the organization to do such a foolish thing
In a sign and trade agreement, the team you are going to and the amount you will be paid are known. If you like the team and amount, you sign.

It's not as though they were asking him to waive his no trade without telling him the details.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
YOU are the one who said "Willy's contract should be the ceiling, not the floor".
Lets not gaslight. It's pretty clear what you communicated.
We were talking about Marner's supposedly superior defensive play, and your response was "I've watched more games"?

I posted some stats that would seem to be relevant, and your response was "in no universe is Nylander considered a better player". Hyperbole aside, there are a number of posters just here who think that, and making a groundless statement like that really isn't doing anything positive for your side of the discussion.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That’s not progress, that’s the same dam thing year after year. Progress would be to get better and start winning rounds
You could say that having a relatively easy first round has helped teams get to the finals.

With the East looking like it’ll be the weakest it’s been in years more teams may jockey for favourable positions, a la Boston, last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad