Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I don't think Nylander deserved the money he got, so unfortunately, there is your floor.

If he takes the same contract as Nylander, I assume it is around 12-12.5, so that is where it starts, unfortunately.

He will be overpaid by 1-2 million again.

I also never said Marner is not built for the playoffs... he's led our team before in the playoffs, most players who are not built for the playoffs can't do that.
He'll take 11 to stay here over 12.5 to go somewhere else. Who would pay him 12.5?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He'll take 11 to stay here over 12.5 to go somewhere else. Who would pay him 12.5?
The overpay to Nylander is going to make things tough but he should slide in between that and Matthews.

We need a new poll to predict when he signs. (before anyone loses their mind, not signing can be an option)

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
So does Marner. The difference is, the stuff Marner does outside of production actually helps his team.

That's not even true. Marner has 25 and Tkachuk has 22. I had hoped my example would help get you away from drawing conclusions from things like this anyway.

Yeah, can't brag about Marner with 6 goals in his last 4 series! He's incomparable to playoff beast and cup champion Tkachuk, and his *checks notes* 6 goals in his last 4 series.
Have you played a sport before? A lot of what Tkachuck brings are difficult to measure but are likely very important to a team. You can dismiss it all you want, but anyone who has played a sport knows adrenaline and/or rallying around teammates is a very real thing.

Aside from intangibles, comparing both players last 4 playoff series when one is playing for the cup against more difficult opponents, is ridiculous.

One player also rides shotgun to Matthews, whereas the other does not get that benefit.

One player gets paid quite a bit more than the other, so expectations should be higher.

Tkachuk has actually shown in the past he can lead a team in the playoffs, while Marner as perennially sucked. Even one good playoffs for Marner would go a long way in giving fans hope.

Even if you disagree with everything above, just watch the damn games and tell me you’d rather have Marner.

I won’t say Marner can never turn it around, but it is beyond tiring reading everyone on here defend him. He’s been a loser as with everyone else on this team, and they really don’t deserve your effort constantly defending them.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Huberdeau got 10.5 after a 115 point season. Marner won't be getting 12.5 from anybody

sorry, my mistake, I thought they looked at more than just a single season, I also assumed play away from the puck came into play, night be wrong though.

Have you played a sport before? A lot of what Tkachuck brings are difficult to measure but are likely very important to a team. You can dismiss it all you want, but anyone who has played a sport knows adrenaline and/or rallying around teammates is a very real thing.

Aside from intangibles, comparing both players last 4 playoff series when one is playing for the cup against more difficult opponents, is ridiculous.

One player also rides shotgun to Matthews, whereas the other does not get that benefit.

One player gets paid quite a bit more than the other, so expectations should be higher.

Tkachuk has actually shown in the past he can lead a team in the playoffs, while Marner as perennially sucked. Even one good playoffs for Marner would go a long way in giving fans hope.

Even if you disagree with everything above, just watch the damn games and tell me you’d rather have Marner.

I won’t say Marner can never turn it around, but it is beyond tiring reading everyone on here defend him. He’s been a loser as with everyone else on this team, and they really don’t deserve your effort constantly defending them.

Why didn't he help Calgary?

Tkachuk has never shown you can lead a team... he is in the top 5 most important players on his team, and he is not 1st/2nd.

When he was the most important, he failed.

One player gets paid a Ryan Reaves more than the other.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Strictly speaking as somebody who has never had the privilege of seeing a Maple Leafs home game, I cannot imagine showing up and booing a player, whatever your view of them may be at the time.

Reactions: Confucius

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Yep, he was great under softees like Dale Hunter and Batshit Crazy Babcock and really struggled under Keefe's tyranny.

Good post!
Im not really understanding the issue except that it has something to do with a boner

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He also put up more points in the playoffs this year than Marner has combined the last 3 years in the post season.
That can happen when you go 4 rounds in one year instead of 4 rounds in 3 years

Reactions: ACC1224

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
..but Marner's diet is terrible... what do you say about that?

giphy.gif
kid needs to dedicate himself to weight lifting and being amuscle head like some of the monsters here

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
sorry, my mistake, I thought they looked at more than just a single season, I also assumed play away from the puck came into play, night be wrong though.

Why didn't he help Calgary?

Tkachuk has never shown you can lead a team... he is in the top 5 most important players on his team, and he is not 1st/2nd.

When he was the most important, he failed.

One player gets paid a Ryan Reaves more than the other.
He sucked in Calgary… does this somehow make Marner better?

He most certainly led the team last year to the finals where he played through broken ribs.

You can frame it however you want pal, he’s paid more and expectations change accordingly. Could be another Ryan reaves, or could be the difference between Ryan Reaves and an actual impact player.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
That can happen when you go 4 rounds in one year instead of 4 rounds in 3 years
Do points count or not count? It's hard to keep track.

Is any Leaf better than Tkachuk?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If he got 115 points last season what would he sign for this year?
Apparently 11.5, that's what William was on pace for. Same GM for both, lmao! So we solved the getting outbid problem. Now if Brad just sticks to his guns, 11 is the number for this team.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Apparently 11.5, that's what William was on pace for. Same GM for both, lmao! So we solved the getting outbid problem. Now if Brad just sticks to his guns, 11 is the number for this team.
Nylander had 98 points in 82 games. 11 is the number for who?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Shouldn't, but I wouldn't go so far as to say won't.

He's better than Huberdeau, but his ceiling should be Nylander.
Let's say I agree 11.5 is his ceiling. I'd be surprised and very disappointed if he left for half a million more from another team. So 11.. lol

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Because they aren’t being rational and are extremely biased towards Marner for whatever reason.

“He puts up the most points” - dude, we suck in the post season. This is not the ace card you seem to think it is.

Marner is the least physically engaged, when we all know that physicality is paramount to success in the post season. We had Nylander throwing hits out there for Christ sakes.

For whatever reason Marner is void of criticism for some.

Did you forget to log into your other account?

Ridiculous comparison. Tkachuk is a better overall player than Marner. I’m sorry this hurts your feelings.

6 goals in 3 years is nothing to brag on.
Better overall huh?
You sure about that because his defense doesn't really look like he pays a lot of attention to it. Thats what happens when you cheat for offense.

1722539616480.png

1722539769018.png

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He sucked in Calgary… does this somehow make Marner better?

Are we not allowed to discuss comparable players?

He most certainly led the team last year to the finals where he played through broken ribs.

3rd in Conn Smythe odds for his team, wouldn't say he led.

Do injuries excuse play now? Our players start to look a lot better if they do.

Funny how everyone brings up injuries when defending players on other teams.

You can frame it however you want pal, he’s paid more and expectations change accordingly. Could be another Ryan reaves, or could be the difference between Ryan Reaves and an actual impact player.

What impact player is making $1.4 million per season?

Overpaying payers is obviously not good, but if you have the odd overpayment of a million or two, it shouldn't cripple your team, Florida had the difference between Tkachuk and Marner in dead cap space.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I don't think Nylander deserved the money he got, so unfortunately, there is your floor.

If he takes the same contract as Nylander, I assume it is around 12-12.5, so that is where it starts, unfortunately.

He will be overpaid by 1-2 million again.

I also never said Marner is not built for the playoffs... he's led our team before in the playoffs, most players who are not built for the playoffs can't do that.
Hopefully if it gets to that number the Leafs just say no thanks and let him look around next July1st.
If as everyone thinks that he wants to stay a Leaf that would be the test.
My only concern with that scenario is I’m not sure that Treliving is the guy to spend the resulting 11 million wisely but the alternative of giving him 12.5 or more will end up being a disaster

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00