Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Wonder if he hears any 'boo's' playing for Canada during the 4 Nations?

Crosby, MacKinnon, McDavid among 1st 6 Canada players for 2025 4 Nations Face-Off

Forwards to be joined by Makar, Marchand, Point; tournament to be held Feb. 12-20

July 23, 2024

When the first six players were announced for the Canadian roster for the 2025 4 Nations Face-Off by the NHL and NHLPA on June 28, the wow factor was front and center.

Forwards Connor McDavid (three) of the Edmonton Oilers, Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins (two) and Nathan MacKinnon of the Colorado Avalanche (one) have combined to win the Hart Trophy as NHL most valuable player six times. Defenseman Cale Makar won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year in 2019-20, the Norris Trophy as top defenseman in 2021-22 and Conn Smythe Trophy as Stanley Cup Playoff MVP that same season. Forward Brayden Point has 185 points (97 goals, 88 assists) in 163 games the past two seasons. And forward Brad Marchand, captain of the Boston Bruins, has 401 goals and is a plus-292 for his career.

They’ve combined to win the Stanley Cup eight times.

Team is being named starting with real difference makers and proven winners, and then they will move on to the filler players. :wg:

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Crosby, MacKinnon, McDavid among 1st 6 Canada players for 2025 4 Nations Face-Off

Forwards to be joined by Makar, Marchand, Point; tournament to be held Feb. 12-20

July 23, 2024

When the first six players were announced for the Canadian roster for the 2025 4 Nations Face-Off by the NHL and NHLPA on June 28, the wow factor was front and center.

Forwards Connor McDavid (three) of the Edmonton Oilers, Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins (two) and Nathan MacKinnon of the Colorado Avalanche (one) have combined to win the Hart Trophy as NHL most valuable player six times. Defenseman Cale Makar won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year in 2019-20, the Norris Trophy as top defenseman in 2021-22 and Conn Smythe Trophy as Stanley Cup Playoff MVP that same season. Forward Brayden Point has 185 points (97 goals, 88 assists) in 163 games the past two seasons. And forward Brad Marchand, captain of the Boston Bruins, has 401 goals and is a plus-292 for his career.

Is there a point to this or just your typical random thought?

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Marner does not deserve the biggest part of the blame. That is media driven narrative and u are drinking the kool aid. Dubas deserves the blame, he built the team and Treliving is trying to repair it. The defensive core was the main issue the team lost, paired with lack of scoring. Matthews deserves the blame if anyone, he makes alot of money but plays scared, soft in the playoffs yet he is 6-3 225lbs.
Nothing to do with the media. Anyone can see that our stars are to blame. Lack of offence? Who on earth do you think is paid to get those goals?

AM is right behind Marner with share of blame. Both of them along with Tavares have been horrible. All just overpaid come playoff time, just happens that Marner is the most.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Playoffs dont matter in baseball? News to hundreds of millions of baseball fans. I agree that his games 5 through 7 have been less than Magic Mitch level, his games 1 through 4 are fine, he's at a PPG over the last 3 playoffs, good but not Magic Mitch good.
Yes he hasn’t been good enough and giving one more chance is dangerously for the organization. If it doesn’t work and he walks for nothing, then they’ve wasted any chance of opening a window to win the East.

I haven’t watched a baseball playoff game since 1992….

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Why is it the haters have such a hard time answering simple questions?

If they make it to the cup finals or win? then yes, it will be removed. Did I really have to answer that???

But don't worry. It's never ever going to happen. Even in a contract year.

Last edited:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Is there a point to this or just your typical random thought?

wow playing stupid again?

The point YOU missed, no one is building a team around Mitch.
As should be clear by fact that they picked the core without even thinking about our playoff beast.

Do you get it now?

edit: let that sink in when the cap is of no consequence they still don't care about Mitch

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Dude he is 10th, how anyone can find a negative in that is absurd. To imply that he is not an elite setup man is disingenuous at best.
I explained my point with actual numbers.

He's good, but context should be taken into consideration.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Say Marner goes on a tear in this years playoffs, does that fix the playoff boogie man? I though the reason why the angry mob has a hate on for Marner is that he does not get points in games 5, 6, 7? The points Marner scores in the regular seasons, dont matter, the points he gets in games 1 through 4 dont matter, but the points in games 5 through 7 do? Selective framing, no? Honest questions, do the points scored in the regular season help you win a playoff spot? Can you win a series if you dont win a game between games 1 to 4? Do points scored in games 1 through 4 help you win a series?
Yes, it will matter a lot.

The reasons he hasn’t been effective is what’s concerning. It’s not lack of playing time and bad luck. His lack of speed, below average shot, and lack body strength make it easier to defend him.

We’ve been told that practice and training is futile at this stage of his career and doesn’t help (which is absolute poopy cock) so are we down to hoping they draw a soft opponent, like Carolina or NJD?

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Low IQ? For you of all people to say that ... WOW... LOL. This type of play is a regular occurrence

yes, he seems like a good person, but when you hear him talk, you can see why his father and agent run over this special kid.

LOL nice highlight, proves he is not mentally challenged. I'm convinced.

Last edited by a moderator:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
wow playing stupid again?

The point YOU missed, no one is building a team around Mitch.
As should be clear by fact that they picked the core without even thinking about our playoff beast.

Do you get it now?

edit: let that sink in when the cap is of no consequence they still don't care about Mitch

this guy i'm quoting... from the wise words of phil...

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Considering that he's played almost his entire career with the guy who is third on the all-time list of goals per game (minimum 500 games), tenth is a pretty poor showing.

Our fanbase has been propping up Hyman as some amazing goal scorer and top forward, I am glad we can finally all agree Hyman is super overrated.

July 23, 2024

Team is being named starting with real difference makers and proven winners, and then they will move on to the filler players. :wg:

McDavid can't win the cup, chokes in the biggest game of his career, exclude him from this list of difference makers and proven winners.

Who is more of a proven winner, Marner or McDavid? Curious to see who has the better record of championships.

Last edited:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
yes, he seems like a good person, but when you hear him talk, you can see why his father and agent run over this special kid.

I don't need or want good people on the team, I want elite skill and that describes Marner to a tee. I'm not disputing that Marner has that 1980's frat house preppy unlikable douche bag face and that he acts and behaves like an entitled child. He is simply a generational talent, not elite generational like McDavid but for his generation there are very few players that produce at his production level. There is only one guy in his draft class with more points.

Last edited by a moderator:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
WTF indeed, you should ask mods, I'm curious myself who changed my message. I never mentioned booze or you cutting it down. I kept my message strictly on Marner.

I 100% agree with you. Whoever typed "Maybe cut down the booze?" is re**arded moron who can't handle the little power his admin status gives him.

I don't see any edit timestamp on this.
Wouldn't be a Mod, we don't have that ability, to go behind the triggers.

1722441692338.png

Attachments

• 1722441659787.png
    1722441659787.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: francis246

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I explained my point with actual numbers.

He's good, but context should be taken into consideration.

Do we put an asterisks next to Stamkos and Drasaitl for playing with McDavid and Kucherov?

I don't see any edit timestamp on this.
Wouldn't be a Mod, we don't have that ability, to go behind the triggers.

View attachment 898335

Color me surprised, Arzak has been such a model citizen. :sarcasm:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Has Nylander really outscored Matthews 17 - 13 in the last 5 years playoffs?

Maybe marner should be on his line?

Which in itself is a laughable stand alone stat, what happens in the playoffs, I mean what does every coach but Keefe do in the playoffs?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Craig Berube's past run-ins with star players raise some concerns in Toronto

New Leafs bench boss Craig Berube's bluntness has caused issues with star players in the past, which leads to concerns about how the "Core 4" will handle his style.

"Our best players don't play with any passion, no emotion and no inspiration at all. They don't play inspired hockey. You cannot play in this league without emotion, grit, being inspired. They're getting paid lots of money and they're not doing the job. End of story."

The fact that it was star players that had issues with Berube may not bode well for Auston Matthews, William Nylander, Mitch Marner and John Tavares in Toronto, given how many times we saw former head coach Sheldon Keefe have to walk back his public comments when he criticized them.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan

July 23, 2024

rRUD0T.gif

Reactions: francis246

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Craig Berube's past run-ins with star players raise some concerns in Toronto

New Leafs bench boss Craig Berube's bluntness has caused issues with star players in the past, which leads to concerns about how the "Core 4" will handle his style.

The fact that it was star players that had issues with Berube may not bode well for Auston Matthews, William Nylander, Mitch Marner and John Tavares in Toronto, given how many times we saw former head coach Sheldon Keefe have to walk back his public comments when he criticized them.

But it does bode well for the fans.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Marner's been a good player for the Leafs and did what every single person reading this would have done: got paid the going rate for a player of his caliber. It would be silly to boo him. He did nothing wrong. Would I keep him? Nope. That money needs to be spent elsewhere. It's no reflection on him at all, it's just what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad