• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Who cares what his lifetime playoff PPG is? And honestly, Marner who is all about the points, should be at least PPG.

Matthews actually brings a solid 2 way, tough(er) playoff style game than Marner. It’s not debatable - Matthews does so much more than Marner, all while matching the other teams top centre, and puts up the exact same point totals as Marner.

Marner just put up 3 points in 7 games. Idc what happened last year as the team success is paramount, and the team came up short again.

This years iteration of, “let’s run it back” showed Marner being a non factor in about 6 of 7 games played. It’s inexcusable for someone who will be demanding a raise.

Keep banging the points drum. That’s all Marner has - and he’s not even point per game.
If that’s your view then Nylander should be your issue. Matthews and Marner put up the most points and have easily the best two way game on the team. Nylander gives up pretty much as much as he scores.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why doesn’t Edmonton win every year then?

How does Boston outplay us with their forward lineup?

How did MTL embarrass us a couple years back?

Points is not everything. Not even close, dear boy.
Boston has always had better players than the Leafs. TTOE and CBJ told the Leafs players to eff off or else, and they listened

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Regarding Edmonton, Their stars don’t show up in game 7 , must be scared when the year is on the line.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
i voted no.

SHOULD he get boo'd? yes

WILL he get boo'd? no the sba will be a silent morgue as always

I usually attend one game a year so I'll be sure to have my vocal cords well rested for that one. gonna boo him loudly. might hiss at him too. throw a waffle or two.
Do you think you will look silly if he puts up a couple of points while extending a 10 game scoring streak? lol!

Standard reason they just choke when the game matters most…

• Haha
Reactions: saffronleaf

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Outlier take: Maybe we don't because it will affect team play?

(I realize that's as slow a pitch across the middle of the plate as possible, but Marner's less than impactful playoffs play during our most important games aside...)

Leaf Lander

Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Marner doesn't show up when the playoffs comes. We have known this for years. He felt the heat last yr finally after being given a pass for years. Does he change his game add more muscle and show us what he got or does he stay slight playing a fearful game after game 70. Time will tell def will finish with over 700 career points with the leafs if he plays most of next season with the leafs

If he resign for 4 yrs he will def get over a 1000 career points with the leafs but odds are no cup for 4 more yrs as well.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Marner bleeds green, not blue and white.
If they didn't him to a short term agreement with out a no movement clause I can live with it. If they sign him long term for an amount anywhere close to today's 10.9m I am unsure how negative my reaction will be.
I cannot think of 1 player since my Leaf fan early days of 1954 when I first understood hockey, that I disliked more. Not Hammerstrom, Terrion, Ferguson, Butler, Glennie, Brewer, NOT ONE.
He can play, but his personality, his obvious selfish approach, his unwillingness to bleed blue and white makes him unlikable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad