Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
No one is saying don’t discuss anything. But HF Boards is not reality. Discussing something on HF Boards has about 0.0000000000000001% effect on managements decisions. And that’s the problem that some people on here face. Marner hasn’t been traded, well who said him being traded was really on the table?
Wtf are you even saying here?

Of course it’s on the table. He has 1 year remaining and the worst agent in the league. If you don’t believe this has been discussed I’ve got news for you…

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Maybe I bought into it too, but the only ones surprised if he’s here day one will be the ones who bought into nothing and assumed he’d be gone. So far the Leafs have said he’ll be here. As for booing, we are on brand control mode lol, booing him would be suicide. Players already don’t wanna play in this toxic environment with the fans and media.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The media convinced fans that Marner was being traded with all their crap and tweets etc. Talk shows was all about trading Marner.

Why make fans hate a player when Marner holds all the cards? Now that free agency and the draft are over.....the same mediots are saying .... the leafs had no power to trade Marner.

No kidding....he has a NMC

We have no idea what the results will be next year. Every year is a new year. Enjoy the season...we all want the leafs to win but booing a player who wants to be here and has the right not to waive his contract shouldnt be booed .......

Boo the team then.....or management...
And many in the media aren’t even Leaf fans…. lol!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We just saw a report of the leafs offering skinner to play on his line. Clearly he has not been told he’s not part of the plans. That’s why a lot of you should stop listening to people on HF Boards who honestly don’t know anything. You lot amp each other up and get mad at the player when something you’ve made up in your head doesn’t happen.
That one is always the best.
Imagine some scenario, repeat it enough so the others of like mind consider it to be true and proceed to get upset over it. :laugh:

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
That one is always the best.
Imagine some scenario, repeat it enough so the others of like mind consider it to be true and proceed to get upset over it. :laugh:
Who’s mad?

Simple question based off of the info we have at hand, and past experiences (contract negotiation) with the player and agent.

Reactions: rumman

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I personally have been championing a Marner trade for probably the last 3 seasons.

It just makes sense now with the remaining term on his contract.

I’ve seen enough of the east-west crap but I guess it checks some of your (and other fans) boxes.
You're moving the goalposts.

Who’s mad?

Simple question based off of the info we have at hand, and past experiences (contract negotiation) with the player and agent.
I wasn't referring to you specifically. There is a huge Marner thread with many fantasies being frothed over.

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Of course it’s on the table. He has 1 year remaining and the worst agent in the league. If you don’t believe this has been discussed I’ve got news for you…
We know they tried to trade Nylander but didn't like the offers so they re-signed him instead. There were no reports that they tried to trade Marner when the same window was open.

Reactions: Cams and francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

If it was truly on the table, why have we not heard a single specific report about it. Let’s talk about what we KNOW to be true and what has been said by our GM, coach and insiders.

- Marner has not yet been asked to provide a list of teams (multiple insiders are saying he will provide one if asked)

- the leafs have yet to reach out to teams in terms of a Marner trade. If that had happened or if there had been discussions about it, it would have leaked this past weekend while everyone in the NHL was together

- Berube saying he’s looking forward to coaching him, Treliving backing those claims up just two days ago

- Leafs are pitching UFA’s to play on his line

I’m not saying they 100% want to keep him and extend him beyond this coming up season, but they sure as hell don’t seem to want to trade him at this point. It’s probably more likely they want to see what Berube can do with him.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I’m not sure which part of this you don’t understand, but management are not trying to move him, or in your words, fix this.

There is nothing for him to say no to.
That was a hypothetical. Nothing I’m not understanding, I’m only having a discussion on a discussion fan board.

You don’t think they are trying to move Marner? Do you believe that’s a good thing or a mistake?

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If it goes south real early he will get booed since he’s the scapegoat according to the team “leader”.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
If it was truly on the table, why have we not heard a single specific report about it. Let’s talk about what we KNOW to be true and what has been said by our GM, coach and insiders.

- Marner has not yet been asked to provide a list of teams (multiple insiders are saying he will provide one if asked)

- the leafs have yet to reach out to teams in terms of a Marner trade. If that had happened or if there had been discussions about it, it would have leaked this past weekend while everyone in the NHL was together

- Berube saying he’s looking forward to coaching him, Treliving backing those claims up just two days ago

- Leafs are pitching UFA’s to play on his line

I’m not saying they 100% want to keep him and extend him beyond this coming up season, but they sure as hell don’t seem to want to trade him at this point. It’s probably more likely they want to see what Berube can do with him.
You’re correct on all points.

I think if they were looking at deals, it would leak back to the agent and hard(er) ball ensues with Ferris.

I don’t think the UFA pitches really mean anything - but I get what you’re saying.

I hope that Berube can get a more competitive game out of Marner if he does indeed play out the final year of his contract.

Reactions: Blaylock38

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I would say Shanahan, Pelley and Tre had a lot to do with steering it in that direction.
Once again, management plays everyone for suckers.
I mean, isn’t this common sense?

The guy is in the last year of his contact and hasn’t been productive in the playoffs.

I’m not understanding the shock some are in that the thought of dealing Marner is/should be on the table.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

The guy is in the last year of his contact and hasn’t been productive in the playoffs.

I’m not understanding the shock some are in that the thought of dealing Marner is/should be on the table.
No one is shocked, people are saying that's not a reason for booing him.
Isn't that the point of your topic?

Reactions: Cams

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
based on some response to this thread, there absolutely is some shock in the thought of trading Marner.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Management created the media fiasco.
They should have just said he was staying if that’s their intention.
If they end up signing him for 12+, they just caused all this media speculation on the player for nothing. It’s bad management.
Even if the plan was to trade him, they could have said he was staying and traded him the next day. No speculation. They created the clown show.

Reactions: rumman

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I'd say yes and while "we're" at it throw marbles and ball bearings at him. That'll learn 'im!

It's a joke folks settle down I do not condone violence unless it's dropping the mitts

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Management created the media fiasco.
They should have just said he was staying if that’s their intention.
If they end up signing him for 12+, they just caused all this media speculation on the player for nothing. It’s bad management.
Even if the plan was to trade him, they could have said he was staying and traded him the next day. No speculation. They created the clown show.
Good points.

Could be a case of fighting fire with fire - but that’s probably giving management too much credit LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad