HF Habs: Copa America 2024 | SFs: Canada loses 0-2 to Argentina | TSN, CTV2, RDS, FOX ||| Euro 2024 (TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports)

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Try to imagine where Canadian sports would be without the Nova Scotian boys Sid and Shaffelburg

Terrifying thought, I know
Where would Soccer Canada be without the boys from Montreal:

Ismael Kone
Maxime Crepeau (Candiac!)
Moise Bombito
Jesse Marsch :sarcasm:
Mauro Biello
Alistair Johnston (Impact!)

Samuel Piette and Choniere warming the benches and giving water to their brothers.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Apparently, Koné's goal was worth $8m. That's the prize money the Canadian Soccer Federation gets for the team winning QFs.
The Canadian kids watching this and sticking with soccer is going to be worth a lot more.

Speaking of which, doesn’t Tomori feel silly now? Sitting at home watching both this and the Euros. Could have been an integral part of this golden generation.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Canada's best game of the tournament. A lot of high quality chances and really out played venezuela.

They played to win today and maybe they can take argentina to shootouts.
I thought Venezuela kept up and were better at times. Just a good game

Still have no clue what he was thinking on that Venezuela goal. You don't come out that far unless you are trailing.

I'm glad they pulled it out because that was just so dumb and needless to concede like that. It would have been tough to swallow.
Soccers Marc Andre Fleury

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Where would Soccer Canada be without the boys from Montreal:

Ismael Kone
Maxime Crepeau (Candiac!)
Moise Bombito
Jesse Marsch :sarcasm:
Mauro Biello
Alistair Johnston (Impact!)

Samuel Piette and Choniere warming the benches and giving water to their brothers.

You forgot the Water Man himself!

• Haha
Reactions: Jabba11

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Before the tournament apparently UEFA put out a video stating that this type of play is not a handball that should lead to a penalty kick. Player's arm is vertical, not extended to make his body larger, and he didn't move his hand to block the ball it hit his hand.

However, since it has long been determined that any ball off the hand in the penalty box area is a penalty kick everyone & their uncle were screaming for a penalty kick. The ref/VAR said no.
Bunch of whiners the player's hand was being drawn back and pretty tight to his body had it been moving the other way it's a penalty for sure.
I'm sure the German Fans didn't talk about the non calls on Kroos who may have ended Pedri's tournament.
What a horrible tackle it was clearly a yellow. He should have been tossed after deserving two or three more yellows after that.
I was weighing the odds that he would take a blatant one in extra time and sure enough he ended up having to drag someone down from behind.
Like I said it's poetic justice Danny Almo who was Pedri's replacement did Germany in.
Being neutral I don't think my eyes deceived me.

Lets Hope Anthony Taylor is not given another game it was a pathetic performance.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Jesse marsch since taking over, has coached 🇨🇦 against.
Holland
France
Argentina
Peru
Chile
Venezuela
And now Argentina again

His first seven games 😂

And then there are matches against USA and Mexico coming in September.

I don't think he's had alot of time with the guys to put his stamp on the team, but that has to be an unprecedented run of quality opponents for this club.

If I was being picky, I'd like more of these tests at home to try and mimick world cup conditions better, but hey, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Screenshot_2024-07-06-10-02-27-916_com.instagram.android-edit.jpg

Of course the Quebecois is the goalie lol
2 amazing shootout saves , there's just something in the water here when it comes to stopping moving objects

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Still have no clue what he was thinking on that Venezuela goal. You don't come out that far unless you are trailing.

I'm glad they pulled it out because that was just so dumb and needless to concede like that. It would have been tough to swallow.
In his presser Marsch admitted it was on him. He was hounding Crepeau to play so far up the pitch.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Absolutely riveting football from England again
Having no left back will do that. Trippier is useless he got beat so easily defending and Switzerland are ignoring him in space because England won't pass him the Ball. I expect Mainoo to be subbed out first in typical Southgate fashion seeing he's been their best midfielder. Kane is doing nothing Saka doing lots of useful work but Kane doesn't even move. Why is your striker standing still when Saka wins in the box he and one of Bellingham or Foden have to be attacking the goal. The Swiss are eating up the pass back to the spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad