Does Leo Carlsson hit 60 points this season?

Does Leo Carlsson hit 60 points this season?

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't accept your premise that Michkov was never an option. Is there proof he didn't want Anaheim? Even so, if you adjudge him to be the best player by a margin (maybe so or maybe not, time will tell), why is it such a sure thing that you don't pick him? You can trade him or you can convince him. Doesn't seem like such a bad situation to be in.

To me that's all irrelevant. I expect Carlsson to top out as more valuable than Michkov.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I don't accept your premise that Michkov was never an option. Is there proof he didn't want Anaheim?

Not proof, but the fact that he slipped past a bunch of teams that could have used him suggests the rumors of him telling several teams he wasn't interested, probably had some truth to it.

At 4 or 5 I take the chance, but not at 2 or 3 with Carlsson/Fantilli available. If you pass on two 1c prospects for a guy who might not play for you after the historically bad season they had ... IMO that's a fireable offense for the GM to come away empty handed.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not proof, but the fact that he slipped past a bunch of teams that could have used him suggests the rumors of him telling several teams he wasn't interested, probably had some truth to it.

At 4 or 5 I take the chance, but not at 2 or 3 with Carlsson/Fantilli available. If you pass on two 1c prospects for a guy who might not play for you after the historically bad season they had ... IMO that's a fireable offense for the GM to come away empty handed.

At 2 & 3 I doubt it mattered if Michkov was from Perm or Peterborough, NHL clubs weren't going to pass on 1C prospects for a diminutive winger who had a lot of issues in his draft season.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
To me that's all irrelevant. I expect Carlsson to top out as more valuable than Michkov.
very little chance of that happening

Wingers like Mitchkov hitting their ceilings are just considerably better and more valuable players than 2-way center like Carlsson hitting their ceilings

Kane, Kucherov, OV type ceiling winger >>>.Toews, Kopitar, Barkov type ceiling center

Mitchkov will need to disapoint for him not to be the 2nd best(possibly best if bedard disapoints himself) player from 2023

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
very little chance of that happening

Wingers like Mitchkov hitting their ceilings are just considerably better and more valuable players than 2-way center like Carlsson hitting their ceilings

Kane, Kucherov, OV type ceiling winger >>>.Toews, Kopitar, Barkov type ceiling center

Mitchkov will need to disapoint for him not to be the 2nd best(possibly best if bedard disapoints himself) player from 2023
I'd take Barkov or Kopitar over those three wingers in a best of 7 all day long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad