Does Dustin Brown deserve a statue in your opinion?

Does Dustin Brown deserve a statue in your opinion?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Everybody seems to confuse 2012 with 2014 when they’re talking about Williams importance. 2012 was Quick then Kopitar/Brown, Brown was so in the heads of they were gunning for him all series, way before the Rosival hit. He also destroyed Sedin vs Vancouver.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
It's probably been said, but it should be a statue of the backwards water bottle moment, with an 'I can count to potato' plaque underneath.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Or the first captain to ever raise the cup in a Kings jersey, and the only one to do so since. Which is a whole different story.
That's like the Leafs giving Ken Randall a statue! Or Bruins giving Lionel Hitchman one! And in 100 years, nobody will remember who that is.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Voted don’t care. I don’t see what’s so hard about staying in your lane with these kind of things. Kings fans are more than capable of being the best judges of this.

Reactions: Little Psycho

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
That's like the Leafs giving Ken Randall a statue! Or Bruins giving Lionel Hitchman one! And in 100 years, nobody will remember who that is.

Perfect! If those fan bases agree that a statue of these players are appropriate, then let them have it. These kind of things are about emotional attachment, not points. Brown dedicated his entire career to the Kings and was a huge part of the two cup wins, both as a leader and a player. If they wanna honor that with a statue, then do it. It's not like they got another captain they can make a statue of raising the cup.

If Brown "deserves" a statue, what does Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick deserve?

Depends on what criteria you have for a statue?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
These kind of things are about emotional attachment, not points.
seinfeld-elaine.gif

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Perfect! If those fan bases agree that a statue of these players are appropriate, then let them have it. These kind of things are about emotional attachment, not points. Brown dedicated his entire career to the Kings and was a huge part of the two cup wins, both as a leader and a player. If they wanna honor that with a statue, then do it. It's not like they got another captain they can make a statue of raising the cup.

Depends on what criteria you have for a statue?
If Brown has a statue, in 10 years, will people going to LA by boat be saying, "Look at that! It looks like the Statue of Liberty. No wait - that's Andre Kopitar!"?

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
voted no but would change it to indifferent lol. If it makes LA fans happy to have a statue of a fan favorite captain who was part of delivering the cup why shouldnt they have that. if it was should he have a statue based on his hockey merit? probably not. Slightly different but the caps have Labres #7 retired which ive always thought was ridiculous. was too young to see him play but I dont believe he was some stud dman and really only believe his number is retired for being on the original team and playing there so long. So according to wiki he was a fan favorite for sticking it out with the caps forever so he got his jersey retired.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Not that it really matters to me because I'm not from the city and I'm not a fan of the team.

But that is absolutely bizarre when you look at who the statue will be next to.

Reactions: AzHawk and bsu

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sumbitch or another. -- Malcolm Reynolds”

By that logic, yeah, I guess he does deserve a statue. Say whatever else you will about Dustin Brown, he was a sumbitch.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Other than Kings fans, no one else should give two shits or have a say. Kings are honoring a lifetime King, and the captain that helped bring the first two Stanley Cups to the franchise.

It’s also refreshing to see a player honored for staying with the franchise that drafted him. He easily could’ve asked for a trade after being stripped of the captaincy in what is still a baffling move to most kings fans or asked for a trade to a cup contender when the team was not going to compete. Every team out there hated Dustin Brown as an opponent but would love them on their team in a cup run

• Haha
Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad