Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Again, Tkachuk wanted out. He was going to be leaving regardless. Calgary was still in a position where they could compete in the West and they returned a player who had 115 prs the previous season and had been well over ppg the previous 3 yrs and a top 4 D man. That's as good a haul as you're going to get unless you decide you're rebuilding.
I guess I just don't see it I laughed then now cringe. The 1 player the leafs needed maybe they can get the next one. Like him. I would not go in for Wilson unless he's cheap. Brady probably unattainable reasonably. Maybe Kyle Connor?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
They need to get on with this. Obviously the decision from the Leafs perspective regarding Dubas has been made by now. Too important of an offseason to piss away what little time remains before the draft and July 1st for anymore humming and hawing.
It's craziness. They didn't extend him last summer b/c of lack of results, but they're willing to now?

Galley thinks Dubas and Keefe get a job within 48 hours if they are fired. Maybe but not if Kyle takes a break.
I don't doubt Dubas will - Keefe, not so sure. Either way, good luck with your new teams - and respect in the handshake line

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
They need to get on with this. Obviously the decision from the Leafs perspective regarding Dubas has been made by now. Too important of an offseason to piss away what little time remains before the draft and July 1st for anymore humming and hawing.

The season has been over for five days. But I do agree that they probably know what is what by now. Lets get that Shanahan presser announced here boys so I can get back to work.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
The season has been over for five days. But I do agree that they probably know what is what by now. Lets get that Shanahan presser announced here boys so I can get back to work.
I'm generally a very patient individual but also recognize there are circumstances where time and patience work against each other. Now if the belief in the ivory tower is that Dubas is in fact returning then the leg work on the path forward can proceed without an announcement.
Basically i'm okay with us being in limbo as long as the team isn't.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
With all the AGM’s and personal assistant to the gm (spezza), is a president really needed? Save yourself 5/6 schmill a year MLSE

The president oversees all hockey ops including business, sponsorships, equity, diversity. That is why I think promoting Kyle is probably the more likely decision. Kyle happens to be a exceptional in terms of building an organization. People can argue the on ice product. But the initiatives and departments Kyle has created in combination with community out reach increase in the last few years. I think Kyle is better suited to be a president. Let someone a little more cut throat be the GM and help try to execute his vision.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
From what I’ve been reading and listening to, Kyle might be the president of the Leafs
Out of the frying oan and into the fire……..

From what I’ve been reading and listening to, Kyle might be the president of the Leafs
Wouldn’t that be poetic justice if boy wonder Dubas got his boss turfed and took his job. Shanahan’s a idiot and if this wouldn’t hurt the team I’d be all for him being betrayed ettu Brutus………

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I guess I just don't see it I laughed then now cringe. The 1 player the leafs needed maybe they can get the next one. Like him. I would not go in for Wilson unless he's cheap. Brady probably unattainable reasonably. Maybe Kyle Connor?

Marner for Connner and Helly would be something that I'd 100% take. If that's even doable

Reactions: ToneDog

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Out of the frying oan and into the fire……..

Wouldn’t that be poetic justice if boy wonder Dubas got his boss turfed and took his job. Shanahan’s a idiot and if this wouldn’t hurt the team I’d be all for him being betrayed ettu Brutus………

That would be one of the most insane and idiotic moves of all time

In addition to putting a guy who has issues working with others in charge of dealing with 2 publicly traded companies your going to fire your president because your GM couldn't get it done then hire that GM as pres

Might as well make Keefe the GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad