Do you think Ryan will re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL THE PESSIMISM IN THIS THREAD IS TOO FUNNY MAN.

Worst case scenario we probably trade Ryan for Voracek+

Murray will never let him get away for nothing.

This. (even if I didn't even read the thread at all but I know how can some hockey fans go on panic-mode all the time)

The Sens will fix a deadline and if they haven't re-signed Ryan before X date, they'll trade him

/thread

I mean, get busy

Iggy77

Oct 5, 2009
Ottawa, ON
He'll resign if they overpay him, simple as that.

It'll take more than a "fair offer", he can get that or more from over half the NHL.

The team will have to make a serious statement that they want him to say and they're willing to put their money where there mouth is.

I think he's willing to stay, which is definitely a good thing.

Erik Norrisson*

What i know about Ryan

- Close friends with Giroux
- Likes that he's in ottawa since its "closer to home"
- Philly favourite team growing up
- Likes to be close to family (that lives in philly )

I just doubt it, hopefully we use him for 1.5 years and trade him at the deadline for a elite prospect like silfverberg.

Don't see it. The flyers have 52 million committed to 13 players in the 15-16 season. They need a starting goalie. Say they pay 4.5 million to a goalie, 7 million to Ryan and 3 one million dollar contract for depth players. If the Cap goes to 70 Million. That leaves them with 3.5 million to resign Braydon Schenn and sign another 4 roster players. They will be TIGHT to the cap for the next couple years.

The list of good teams with cap space for Ryan in 15-16 is not long.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
IMO, this entire thread is a year premature.

He's happy to be here, and we're happy he's here. Just enjoy the kid.

Worry about this contract stuff next summer.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
IMO, this entire thread is a year premature.

He's happy to be here, and we're happy he's here. Just enjoy the kid.

Worry about this contract stuff next summer.

AND enjoy the fact that he is certainly playing for his career contract. I'm not sure there's a better motivator out there.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think he'll sign. But we get a chance to have two awesome years, and if things don't work out, we have options, and hey, if he likes it here, you never know.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
If he clicks with Spezza both him and Spezza will resign 100%. If he doesn't click with Spezza, then I'm not sure he will. However, I have no reason to believe that he won't click with Spezza :D

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
His reactions to the guy expecting between 80-100 points, and Ryan talking about his multiple 30+ goal seasons in the dreaded West haha

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If he clicks with Spezza both him and Spezza will resign 100%. If he doesn't click with Spezza, then I'm not sure he will. However, I have no reason to believe that he won't click with Spezza :D

Or he could click with Turris or Zibanejad or Pageau too, he's bound to click with someone & isn't he friends with Turris? I think Spezza & Ryan re-sign huge contracts with Ottawa as Spezza & Heatley did, but this time though Ryan stays the whole term of the contract.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I remember Tom Preissing did something similar at the Rideau Centre when he was leading the NHL in plus/minus.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Wow, pretty embarrassed no one recognized him. His reaction to 50 goals, and 80-100 points was priceless

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
I don't think that is the most blue-collar die-hard Sens neighbourhood. ;)

You also have to remember that it's edited footage, and odds are that people DID recognize him, and that they just didn't use that footage, as it's funnier when people don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad