Do you think Ryan will re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
As long as Bobby Clark is apart of the Flyers Is will tell Holmgren to give Ryan a Max contract because Comcast prints its own money.

SensTopLine

Mar 6, 2013
Quebec (Province of)
The thing that scares me the most is if Spezza and Ryan don't resign with Ottawa and go together as a package deal a la Suter/ Parise. I'd be totally bummed out if one doesn't come back. But I don't think I'd be able to handle both being gone. It'll be a set back for years to come. I know it's likely that Spezza resigns but you still have to take that into effect that he could easily walk. Both (Spezza & Ryan) contracts end at the same time after the 2014/2015 season.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The thing that scares me the most is if Spezza and Ryan don't resign with Ottawa and go together as a package deal a la Suter/ Parise. I'd be totally bummed out if one doesn't come back. But I don't think I'd be able to handle both being gone. It'll be a set back for years to come. I know it's likely that Spezza resigns but you still have to take that into effect that he could easily walk. Both (Spezza & Ryan) contracts end at the same time after the 2014/2015 season.

Ill never say never after Alfie..
.but you can rest assured, because that's never going to happen.

No offense intended, but u must be somewhat of a paranoid/pessimistic guy, because that's pretty far out there to be a major concern of yours.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
I wonder if this poll will go the way of the "Will Alfredsson stay?" poll. Overwhelming number of people voting "Yes" and then as soon as word comes out he is leaving people rush to vote "No"

Honestly, one of the most pathetic things I've seen around here.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Why? Do you know of something we don't?

I know that the notion of them leaving together, as a package deal to another team is is pretty damn far fetched. Of course it actually could happen, I was being a little facetious. Im just surprised that of all things this is "what scares you the most", as it seems like a pretty bizarre scenario.

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ugh.

I have been informed that Ryan is renting a place along with renting furniture as well. I heard this two weeks ago.

Say it ain't so Bobby!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ugh.

I have been informed that Ryan is renting a place along with renting furniture as well. I heard this two weeks ago.

Say it ain't so Bobby!

He is going to philly. Next seson they are going to sign Miller to sure up their goaltending.

They are going to be a very good team in 2 years.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Ugh.

Say it ain't so Bobby!

I wouldn't read too much into it. Him and Condra were bidding on the same place.

I would wager 80% of the team rents.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
He knows Canadian real estate is due for a good correction, so he's staying liquid.

Atta boy Bobby, atta boy.

What this guy said.

Even with the market as it is, buying when you might move in two years is bad juju. It's the kind of bad financial move even millionaire hockey players should seek to avoid. I always rented when I was doing contract work.. I didn't rent furniture, but that's because I was not (still not) a millionaire athlete. I just a had a bed, couch and TV.

Okay, the couch was really a futon.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Did he rent or own in Anaheim? Maybe he just prefers to rent instead of buying where he plays, and makes that midwest place his main domicile

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
He tweeted this today

Bobby Ryan ‏@b_ryan9 3h

First Sunday in the new spot, having a nice lunch with @GongshowGear in the market watching the foot traffic. Love it here already!

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
He tweeted this today

Bobby Ryan ‏@b_ryan9 3h

First Sunday in the new spot, having a nice lunch with @GongshowGear in the market watching the foot traffic. Love it here already!

I was coming in to post this.

Can people stop worrying. People in here sound like overprotective boyfriends that are afraid to lose their gf after going out on 2 dates.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Except nobody's girlfriend has potential to score 35-40 goals with Ottawa and become a staple to our offensive woes...and if they could score that many goals...they are probably very manly and rubbing testosterone cream all over their nasty hairy body...ok im done

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'm not going to pretend I know the guy, or try to think like he thinks. But this is what I know:

On his last contract, his agent told him to essentially "hold out" for more money, because he'd have gotten more. Ryan decided against it and personally accepted what was a very fair offer from Anaheim.

Just that alone makes me think the guy just loved hockey and isn't in it for the extra buck, as long as gets his share of the pie. If Ottawa has the money to sign him, tries aggressively to do so, and he has a good time here (I expect yes to all 3), I believe he re-signs. I think he leaves, it'a because he wants out of Ottawa, or has a specific team he prefers (He does like Philly). Not because he wants more UFA money or anything like that.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
He's gone in two years unless the team is a Cup contender and willing to pay him the going rate for top power forwards.

So no, he won't re-sign.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Hockey aside I like Ryan because he's going to be a much better interview than what we're accustomed to in this town. The guy is very smart and funny and doesn't just spout clichés the way almost all players do.

I do think Philadelphia may lure him away but I really think he'll give Ottawa a legitimate opportunity to win him over. It's up to ownership, management, his team mates and the fans to make him want to stay.

Trading for Bobby Ryan is something I don't ever expect to regret.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL THE PESSIMISM IN THIS THREAD IS TOO FUNNY MAN.

Worst case scenario we probably trade Ryan for Voracek+

Murray will never let him get away for nothing.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
And Philly trades Voracek why when they can get Ryan for nothing?

Chances that Philly even gets Ryan is close to zero. Chances of getting him for free is even smaller.

Who say Philly wants him in two years ?
We are the first in line to negotiate with him. If we fail, we can trade him on deadline to X team. This X team negotiates with him, and throws big money. If they fail, they can trade negotiation rights to Y team. Only if we, team X and team Y fails, Philly can have him for nothing. They can be team X or Y, but they must pay. And if they want to be team X, believe me, price would be huge.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Ryan seems like a class act guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't plan to resign he'll let Murray know so it wasn't all for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad