Do they make the playoffs this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

?

• Yes

Votes: 69 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Adams doesn't control injuries or what other teams do sooo....??
I see so Adams for life then.

Other teams get injuries too. Both things you mentioned other GMs are in the same position. Thats just part of the game. Perhaps trading for more than just Stillman when you are 1 point out of the playoffs would help.

The guy is terrible and there is a reason why the sabres hires dont get gigs in the same positions in other places after they get fired.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I see so Adams for life then.

Other teams get injuries too. Both things you mentioned other GMs are in the same position. Thats just part of the game. Perhaps trading for more than just Stillman when you are 1 point out of the playoffs would help.

The guy is terrible and there is a reason why the sabres hires dont get gigs in the same positions in other places after they get fired.
I never said I liked him lol ( I don't really)

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Honestly surprised the Yea's are beating the Nay's right now.
It's like buying a lottery ticket. You aren't likely to win, but that's not why you buy it. You buy it so you can fantisize about all the things you would do if you did win before the draw.

People are more optimistic during the summer because they are thinking about all the good things that could happen before we are all let down again by January. Most peoples' default setting is to be optimistic because it's more fun than being angry all the time.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
About the only thing holding the team back is attitude now…..that one guy in the locker room that’s the heart and soul leader of the team. Ruff had Peca and then eventually Drury/Briere. We haven’t had one, except ROR, which the team/coach failed him.

Ruff made Peca, and hopefully one of our guys steps up into that role. My bet is on Cozens. He’s ready. Just turned 23, couple years in the league, been a leader on Canadian team. With the defined roles addressed, goal in a good spot, I think the forwards taking a real group step forward…we are going to see beast mode Dahlin.

Only thing that really scares me is that we’re still one of the youngest teams….but as I’ve stated several times this offseason…Adams actually addressed what was wrong with the team:

Skinner
Fourth line
Softness
Goal
COACHING

I agree…this years Vancouver

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's like buying a lottery ticket. You aren't likely to win, but that's not why you buy it. You buy it so you can fantisize about all the things you would do if you did win before the draw.

People are more optimistic during the summer because they are thinking about all the good things that could happen before we are all let down again by January. Most peoples' default setting is to be optimistic because it's more fun than being angry all the time.

Don't confuse people saying no with anger.

Reactions: Tatanka

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
About the only thing holding the team back is attitude now…..that one guy in the locker room that’s the heart and soul leader of the team. Ruff had Peca and then eventually Drury/Briere. We haven’t had one, except ROR, which the team/coach failed him.

Ruff made Peca, and hopefully one of our guys steps up into that role. My bet is on Cozens. He’s ready. Just turned 23, couple years in the league, been a leader on Canadian team. With the defined roles addressed, goal in a good spot, I think the forwards taking a real group step forward…we are going to see beast mode Dahlin.

Only thing that really scares me is that we’re still one of the youngest teams….but as I’ve stated several times this offseason…Adams actually addressed what was wrong with the team:

Skinner
Fourth line
Softness
Goal
COACHING

We already have the heart and soul leader. It's Dahlin. He's the only guy who can play 30 minutes, score a goal, and spear the other team's best player in the gut all in the same game. The rest of the team just needs to get with the program and follow suit.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I voted no, mostly because I'm superstitious and I know if I voted yes there would be a 0% chance of them making it. I'd rather keep my expectations low to avoid the eventual disappointment. Realistically I think they can grab a WC spot, especially if they come in better conditioned and have players holding each other accountable.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I don't, I said no myself. Maybe anger isn't the right word. However one would describe a lack of hope. Despair? Sounds too dramatic but I am not good with words.
I think indifference works for me. I dont think the management prioritizes winning. I don't believe we closed the gap on the teams ahead of us. I am not angry. I just can't be bothered.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Skinner
Fourth line
Softness
Goal
COACHING

The way Lindy was talking in Embedded, we should see early on (or possibly over analyze) if guys are willing to bump into other guys, "even the stars."

We probably won't realize the athletic training aspect until they can/can't beat a tra (and once again, over analyze).

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
We already have the heart and soul leader. It's Dahlin. He's the only guy who can play 30 minutes, score a goal, and spear the other team's best player in the gut all in the same game. The rest of the team just needs to get with the program and follow suit.
While I believe Dahlin is the best player on the team by a long way, he doesn’t display that “jump on my back, I got this” attitude. I say this with the belief that if the forwards got their crap together and started playing a notch or two up, you’ll see Dahlin in beast mode. (It’s actually what I wrote).

But I don’t see Dahlin being the one to lead the team (forwards) there….it needs to come from a forward leader. The speed alone injected into this lineup is going to make the others skate faster, play faster….up to Dahlin’s speed.

I don’t remember a defenseman leading the team deep into the playoffs, maybe Pronger. Did Makar win it for the Avs?

Give me our forwards taking a step forward as a group and Dahlin is final 3 Norris

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I just don't have faith in it yet. I'm still wondering who is replacing Skinner's offense? Sure, one less liability on defense, but he leaves some big shoes to fill on offense. In seasons where he played almost the entire season he put up 35+ goals each time. Bit of a down year last year (same with others) but I'm bracing myself to watch him put up 30+ goals-30+ assists with Edmonton. It's always the way.

Toronto and Boston both improved, as did NJ. I just don't feel that the moves so far put the Sabres in the same level.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I just don't have faith in it yet. I'm still wondering who is replacing Skinner's offense? Sure, one less liability on defense, but he leaves some big shoes to fill on offense. In seasons where he played almost the entire season he put up 35+ goals each time. Bit of a down year last year (same with others) but I'm bracing myself to watch him put up 30+ goals-30+ assists with Edmonton. It's always the way.

Toronto and Boston both improved, as did NJ. I just don't feel that the moves so far put the Sabres in the same level.
download (2).jpeg

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf

He was demoted to the middle 6 towards the end of the season. It's never going to be a 1 for 1 goal replacement for Skinner because he wasn't scoring 35 goals from the 2nd or 3rd line. If he plays with McDavid or Draisaitl he may put up good numbers, but that doesn't mean he'd put those numbers up in Buffalo.

Peterka showed himself to be a reliable replacement for Skinner and could still get better, where as Skinner is likely only going to regress. Quinn will hopefully play 70+ games this season like he did in 22-23 which will also help offset lost goals considering he paced for close to 30 in the games he did play last season. I also think we see more from Benson this year.

Conservatively I'd say they can score 280 to 290 goals without anyone really scoring at an outrageous pace. Even if some don't hit the numbers they still can easily outscore what they did last season and maintain a solid goal differential.

just guestimates

Peterka (30) - Tage (35) - Tuch (25) - 90
Zucker (15) - Cozens (25) - Quinn (30) - 70
Benson (20) - McLeod (12) - Greenway (10) - 42
Malenstyn (6) - Lafferty (12) - NAK (8) - 26
Krebs (3) - 3

Byram (10) - Dahlin (15) - 35
Power (7) - Joker (3) - 10
Samuelsson (2) - Clifton (4) - 6
RyJo (2), Bryson (1) - 3

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Skinner's good half of the season was the half Quinn didn't play and his bad half should be easily eclipsed by Zucker

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
his bad half should be easily eclipsed by Zucker
I don't know about that, I see Zucker as a bit of a gamble with his recent injury history. He's only scored more than 10 goals once in the last 6 seasons. If he's healthy and fits in with Ruff's system hopefully he gets his 22-23 Pens form back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad