Do the Panthers actually get away with everything?

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
"Something something, grow the game, something something"

Helps having Collin Campbell on the board pulling strings for his son's team. F*** that entire organization.
331222.jpg

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
There are players that are better than other to get away with their game. Florida 19's is one of them. Nothing wrong, it is on the guy knowing where toleration is and knowing to play the referees limits. Good for him, good for his team. Despite it as a Bruins fan though.

Reactions: Laus723 and 333359

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Lmao "My team was fairly critiqued for being extremely dirty so I'm going to be passive aggressive about it and deflect so I feel better about myself"
“Fairly critiqued” by fans of the teams that can’t handle the Panthers.
Everything is dirty is just a convenient excuse for your team wilting under their aggressive play and relentless pressure.

Reactions: Laus723

Jun 25, 2021

Helps having Collin Campbell on the board pulling strings for his son's team. F*** that entire organization.
To be fair the Oilers are just as dirty, but they aren't as smart about it. They kind of seem to run on childish emotions. The fans as well.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
“Fairly critiqued” by fans of the teams that can’t handle the Panthers.
Everything is dirty is just a convenient excuse for your team wilting under their aggressive play and relentless pressure.
Pretty sure fans of all other teams would agree that skating into a goalies crease and hitting him is dirty, or charging guys and targeting their heads. But sure.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Pretty sure fans of all other teams would agree that skating into a goalies crease and hitting him is dirty, or charging guys and targeting their heads. But sure.
You prove my point with the exaggerated statements. You make it sound like they’re running people every shift. They get penalized when they deserve it.
If they routinely charged while targeting heads there would be repercussions. Again, dirrrty Cats is just a convenient excuse.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

It’s so funny all you guys did was trash us and love beating up on the doormat of the league. Now that we are a great team you guys are dying on the inside. I for one love every second of the whining.

You wouldnt want them on the Leafs?
Of course he would and then he would talk about how great they are and how much they changed the culture.

LMAO. Did varlamov get hurt? Oh he got a little payback for his slash in the midsection. Show me a Tkachuk headshot in a panthers jersey. I’ll wait forever Becuase there isn’t one.

Reactions: Mogo

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
yeah that’s probably why Toronto will never win again

Just an easy route through the Bruins every year.
If you ever need some perspective on life, click on this guy's profile and read his post history. It will make you feel much better about yourself, as no matter your state or misdeeds, you are assuredly a more valuable, contributing member to society than "FinlandPanther". It's not much, but is still something.

Some highlights from this past month:

"We have a home in Edmonton too but no one wants to visit that shithole"​
"Man I’d f***ing kiss Forsling."​
"Enjoy 66 million dollar Swayman who can’t even keep the Panthers out of his head."​
"That’s wrong. He wanted to buy more purses so he gouged you for all you had. Winning comes last for Matthews."​
"The main board is pathetic. I get an infraction for everything. "​

Reactions: Peasy

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
A big thing I read is how Florida gets away with everything, there's a reddit thread here:

and it's just complaining. I don't really understand? Florida took the 2nd most penalties in the league last year and will end up top 5 this year, is the assumption the Panthers should be shorthanded the whole game?

It is pretty impressive to crosscheck the goalie and not get called.

Florida uses the strategy the Bruiins used to. Commit so many infractions the refs eventually will stop calling them. And due to game management they know they're going to get power plays to even things out. So if you're a physical team with a good power play it can be an effective strategy.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It is pretty impressive to crosscheck the goalie and not get called.

Florida uses the strategy the Bruiins used to. Commit so many infractions the refs eventually will stop calling them. And due to game management they know they're going to get power plays to even things out. So if you're a physical team with a good power play it can be an effective strategy.
Except everyone in FL wants to fire the PP coach into the sun. They are a lot better 5v5.
The coach employing a strategy to intentionally take penalties because “they won’t call them all” is a coach soon to be a spectator.

It’s funny remembering all of the times this was said (Panthers fans included) about TB.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I long for the day someone makes a thread like this about the Sabres. This always Is posted for a team that is having deep playoff runs / wining cups. Kings, Blackhawks, bruins, Tampa.
Oh man I miss the days when I was apparently a fan of the Ref Wings and Olczyk couldn't get through a game without crying about the "subtle interference" they ran.

Except everyone in FL wants to fire the PP coach into the sun. They are a lot better 5v5.
The coach employing a strategy to intentionally take penalties because “they won’t call them all” is a coach soon to be a spectator.

It’s funny remembering all of the times this was said (Panthers fans included) about TB.

I'm not talking about the coach telling players to take penalties. It's about playing a physical agitating style knowing the refs will only call so much, and that if your team does get penalized the refs will even things up because of game management.

I can't speak to this year but last year the Panthers had one of the best power plays in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad