Do the Oilers miss the playoffs again...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Its hard to tell because of so many question marks in the pacific going into the season. I think they're a bubble team as it is, and possibly a playoff team depend on the impact of the acquisitions Cgy, Vegas, and LA

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I can definitely see them in the playoffs. Maybe even as a high seed. It'll be tough though as Sekera missing more time hurts a lot. They don't have great offensive depth either, imo. To be successful, they'll need Klefbom and Talbot to bounce back and most importantly, fix their god awful special teams.

Reactions: Hippasus

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Defense needs to step its **** up, no Sekera and that PP cant be dead last again if they want to see the playoffs.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
No, I think they miss again. Defence is awful, again, goaltending is suspect with their backups, and the wingers are meh. It’s a 2 man team again.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
They are capable of doing so, but I think that they need a few more quality wingers and another solid defenseman. They really need to figure out how to move 1/2 of Lucic, Russell, or Sekera.

I’m gonna say they miss it by a few games. I don’t believe they’ll be anything good until Chia is gone.

Reactions: CrypTic

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
They are capable of doing so, but I think that they need a few more quality wingers and another solid defenseman. They really need to figure out how to move 1/2 of Lucic, Russell, or Sekera.

I’m gonna say they miss it by a few games. I don’t believe they’ll be anything good until Chia is gone.

This is accurate. If they have good years from Klefbom and Talbot, McDavid stays healthy, and Nurse and Pulju take steps forward they will make it. If 2/3 happen they're a bubble team probably.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I would imagine they'll miss, but it's possible they make it. To make the playoffs, they would probably need 3/4s of the following to occur:

• Talbot to rebound
  • RNH to stay healthy and put up ~60 points
  • Strome and/or Lucic to bounce back and put up ~45-50+ points
  • Puljujarvi to have a breakout year
  • Nurse to take an obvious step forward
  • Klefbom to stay healthy and put up 35+ points
  • Sekera to rebound from injuries (though I think he's out for at least a few months already?)

Reactions: Arkantoss

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
We made the playoffs 2 seasons ago on the back of almost everyone pulling their weight and a couple guys playing great. In theory we can do the same this year. We’re not the greatest team on paper especially on defence but I think that if McDavid, Talbot and Leon have another great year, Nurse continues to grow, guys like Yamamoto and Poolparty become contributors, and guys like Strome, RNH, Larson, Klefbom and the rest of our depth can play their roles well then we have a shot. I know it sounds like a lot of things have to go right, and they do, but I don’t think any of that is out of reason to hope for

That being said there’s still stuff we definitely need to improve on

Reactions: Skobel24

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Central, I like Nash, Win and Stl in the top 3. I like SJ in the top 3 in the pacific.

Vegas, need to see if last year was no fluke. Mainly if karlsson really is that good. Calgary made some changes. LA and Ana will be in the mix.

And back to the central with dal, Col, min, and chi in he mix as well for the WC.

I wouldn’t put Edm as a lock like the 4 teams I have noted. In the mix with the other 8 teams for those other 4 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad