Do any Philadelphia Flyers fans remember this game from the 90's?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nhlanon1

Oct 15, 2023
I think I saw this on a TV at the store in the 90's and was curious if anyone remembers it or might know when it was. I believe Eric Lindros was feuding with some player and the announcers knew something was going to go down. The game started and almost immediately, either Lindros checked the guy or got checked. They either fought or the guy got checked into the boards hard and Eric was ejected from the game. This likely was a Saturday or holiday game.

Did this happen as I remembered it? Anyone have any info on it? I know it's a longshot.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Lindros barely ever got ejected as a Flyer. What I’m guessing happened here is one of three things. Either he wasn’t ejected and then it could have been damn near anything or we have two partial fits.

But that’s literally a dozen games into his career, so there wasn’t any rivalry.

The rivalry aspect would make sense since Matt Barnaby was in the game, but it was Jay McKee he Slashed in the head.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
I'm just gonna throw out the usual suspects:

Dairius Kasparitus, Matthew Barnaby, Boughner

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lindros barely ever got ejected as a Flyer. What I’m guessing happened here is one of three things. Either he wasn’t ejected and then it could have been damn near anything or we have two partial fits.

But that’s literally a dozen games into his career, so there wasn’t any rivalry.

The rivalry aspect would make sense since Matt Barnaby was in the game, but it was Jay McKee he Slashed in the head.
Maybe he got a 10 minute misconduct instead

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Maybe he got a 10 minute misconduct instead

Good thought. Unfortunately I did check that too — specifically every game with 10 or more PIM. That didn’t happen at the beginning of a game either.

I’m not combing through every game with 5 or more PIM, but that option is certainly there for anyone who wants to do so.

Side note, but Lindros had 2 games in one season in which he hit 10 PIM without a Major or Misconduct. :laugh:

*Edit* I also did searches for extremely low TOI outliers and all games with 0 SoG because we don’t have TOI for the early years of his career.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can't help the OP, but this was the 90s Flyers game that made me a fan after watching it on ESPN2 in New Zealand. 31 years of disappointment!

I'm having a hard time dealing with knowing New Zealand had ESPN2 in the 90s

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad