OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Seis

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So you’re saying he’s got a “decent” record lol…..Abro will be livid….
Lol not livid, I just want them to do well. If GB can be the guy to get them to the next level then I’ll shut up and support him. I obviously don’t think he’s that guy because he wouldn’t have gotten this job if not for nepotism and his teams have been mid and struggled to score his whole managerial career but hey, prove me wrong, GB.

That said, “Outside of CONCACAF,” is a bit misleading, I think. He has one win in 15 tries vs Top 20 nations not sharing a border with us to the south. What does ChatGPT say the comparable record is for that? And GB has the smallest sample size of any full-time manager on that list… let’s see how that percentage looks after Copa America.

Those stats also look off to me. This is telling me JK managed 70 games for the USMNT not including CONCACAF. That seems very high to me considering I’m pretty sure he managed less than 100 games for them. Some f***ery in those ChatGPT stats, methinks.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Germany with early groin shots to the kilt….whooping up Scotland….
Yeah that first half couldn’t have gone any worse for the Scots. Not sure how Clarke thought the high line and little or no pressure on the ball approach was going to work for them but whatever. Their tournament was never going to be about this game anyway.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The center of the Croatian defense looks marshmallow soft. Not sure about the decision to play Gvardiol on the left. The other options there must be pretty awful.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The Albanian striker scored the fastest goal in the Euro tournament (finals). 23 seconds.
The holder of the previous record was Dmitri Kirichenko when Russia beat Greece in the final game of the group stage in 2004. He scored after 67 seconds.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
There is just something cool, IMO of course, about the teams and all the supporters in stands singing their anthems at the top of their lungs.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The Dutch have been the better team by a reasonable amount, IMO, but every time Poland does come forward they look dangerous. The two PSV midfielders are not in any way controlling the center of the field so when Poland transitions forward they tear through the midfield really quickly. Koeman needs to figure that out.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
With about 10 minutes left in the first half Serbia stopped just sitting back and started pressing and England wilted. They weren’t able to pass it out of the back the rest of the game and looked awful. They were very lucky to win that game.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Is it lying in this case? It's just compiling stats.
When AIs do it they call it hallucination instead of lying because the AI "believes" what it's saying rather than intentionally giving wrong information. In this case, either Chat-GPT's hallucinated or the people who made the graphic John Price posted totally messed on their end. Wikipedia agrees with the graphic that Berhalter's managed 71 Chat-GPT puts Berhalter's rest-of-the-world record at 14-7-6 while the graphic puts it at 9-8-7, which means Chat-GPT has to be including games the graphic didn't (the extra wins) and missing games the graphic did (the missing draw and loss). I thought at first that maybe one of them was including friendlies and the other wasn't, but the fact that both have to be counting games the other didn't means something else is going on. Chat-GPT is also only giving Berhalter 15 career games in CONCACAF while the graphic gives him 47, so it's not even close on that side. I'm not sure what it's getting wrong, but it looks like Chat-GPT hallucinated when it made that table.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
When AIs do it they call it hallucination instead of lying because the AI "believes" what it's saying rather than intentionally giving wrong information. In this case, either Chat-GPT's hallucinated or the people who made the graphic John Price posted totally messed on their end. Wikipedia agrees with the graphic that Berhalter's managed 71 Chat-GPT puts Berhalter's rest-of-the-world record at 14-7-6 while the graphic puts it at 9-8-7, which means Chat-GPT has to be including games the graphic didn't (the extra wins) and missing games the graphic did (the missing draw and loss). I thought at first that maybe one of them was including friendlies and the other wasn't, but the fact that both have to be counting games the other didn't means something else is going on. Chat-GPT is also only giving Berhalter 15 career games in CONCACAF while the graphic gives him 47, so it's not even close on that side. I'm not sure what it's getting wrong, but it looks like Chat-GPT hallucinated when it made that table.
This is what I asked it:

what are the coaching records for all USMNT soccer teams in all competitions? List by coach

Then of course it gave a verbose, practically useless essay. I asked it to refine:

Please simplify this down to the coach name and win/draw/loss record, with winning percentage. Do one table for CONCACAF only, and one for rest of the world.

Then I asked

can you present these tables sorted by winning%

And that's what it came up with.

Here is another potential source:

I tried posting this data within ChatGPT after several other rounds of calcs (most of which differed) and eventually gave up because it turned into a waste of time.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The last 20 minutes of the Croatia / Albania match were insane. Albania was up 1-0 until the 75th minute, then Croatia go up 2-1 with two goals in two minutes, including an OG from Albania for the second goal, then Albania score in 90 + 5 with the guy who scored the OG equalizing for Albania. Croatia looks dead in the water with one point from two games and sitting at a -3 in GD with only Italy left in front of them. Barring shocking results, they’ll be out in group play.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
What in the world are these Germany jerseys?
They are doing political stuff instead of playing football.

Fell asleep during SCO SWI
UEFA killed the best tournament (a EURO with 16 teams). This tournament will really start only on June 29th and the 1/8 finals

By the way I read today that UEFA planned a 32 teams final tournament for EURO 2028 but finally they dropped this idea.
Just abolish the qualifiers and let everyone in :laugh:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Horrible scene in Hungary/Scotland. Varga for Hungary got smoked in a free kick collision in the Scotland box and was knocked out cold before he even hit the ground. He had the “fencer’s pose” and looked like he started convulsing. Players were taking the stretcher from the medical staff because they didn’t think they were moving fast enough. Hope he’s ok.

• Wow
Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad