Rumor: Dhaliwal- Lots of Teams calling the Canucks on Nils Hoglander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
He's a Judd Bracket pick I believe, I can see a team like Minny be very into him now that they have Bracket but also more because they will be looking for ELC players that can produce with the incoming dead cap era for them.

Can we, as a fan base, just stop, giving Brackett credit for any drafting success? Enough already.

He wasn't a Brackett pick. He was a Patrik Jonsson (rip) pick. He knew Nils since Nils was 14. I mean the Canucks even have a video about it.

Same with Pettersson who Brackett also gets credit for, for absolutely no reason. Scouts that pushed hardest for Pettersson were Gradin and Delorme. Also backed up by video from the Canucks themselves.

Jett Woo was a Brackett pick. Jim Benning is quoted (while putting his hand on Bracketts shoulder) "Hey, we got your guy). On video.

You know who really, really, really wanted Quinn Hughes? Jim Benning and John Weisbrod. Weisbrod knows the Hughes family very well and I am sure Quinn considers him more of a family friend than former boss.

The Canucks have actually put out some great behind the scenes material in terms of their drafting during the Benning era. It's really worth a watch.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Can we, as a fan base, just stop, giving Brackett credit for any drafting success? Enough already.

He wasn't a Brackett pick. He was a Patrik Jonsson (rip) pick. He knew Nils since Nils was 14. I mean the Canucks even have a video about it.

Same with Pettersson who Brackett also gets credit for, for absolutely no reason. Scouts that pushed hardest for Pettersson were Gradin and Delorme. Also backed up by video from the Canucks themselves.

Jett Woo was a Brackett pick. Jim Benning is quoted (while putting his hand on Bracketts shoulder) "Hey, we got your guy). On video.

You know who really, really, really wanted Quinn Hughes? Jim Benning and John Weisbrod. Weisbrod knows the Hughes family very well and I am sure Quinn considers him more of a family friend than former boss.

The Canucks have actually put out some great behind the scenes material in terms of their drafting during the Benning era. It's really worth a watch.

He was the director of amateur scouting. Of course he should deserve some credit for successful picks.

Brackett himself shied away from any boasting and has always said it was a collaborative effort.

Every scout is going to "push" their prospects because that's their job. It's up to the director and the entire staff to collaborate and see.

Brackett should definitely get the same credit as Gradin or Delorme for the pick. You also forgot Inge Hammarstrom who was sent to watch him closely.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Dhaliwal has connects to a few agents who likes to do business through the media, other than that, he's just another rumour mill guy who desperately needs eyes and ears to his show.
I met, I talked, and even did a interview with Rick Before.
He is an incredibly kind, Honest man.
I believe 100% In what he says, No way he is doing it just for clicks, Does not fit his personality whatsover

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I met, I talked, and even did a interview with Rick Before.
He is an incredibly kind, Honest man.
I believe 100% In what he says, No way he is doing it just for clicks, Does not fit his personality whatsover

I am even more convinced now that you are secretly the owner of the Canucks.

Sure, you have met the man, but I've listened to him for many years. And that's my take, he definitely does dirty work for agents, especially JP Barry

Reactions: Bubbles

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
He was the director of amateur scouting. Of course he should deserve some credit for successful picks.

Brackett himself shied away from any boasting and has always said it was a collaborative effort.

Every scout is going to "push" their prospects because that's their job. It's up to the director and the entire staff to collaborate and see.

Brackett should definitely get the same credit as Gradin or Delorme for the pick. You also forgot Inge Hammarstrom who was sent to watch him closely.

Not bashing the guy, but the reports of him wanting autonomy, doesn't scream humble or collaborative effort. I wasn't cheering when he left the organization and thought he did a good job. Him leaving I assume is to his own credit. Was promoted in 3 consecutive years under Benning. Worked within a structure that was built by Benning and executed good to great within that structure. I feel someone deserves more credit and it's not Brackett. Hate him how much you want, credit when credit is due.

I could spin the "it was a collaborative effort" to him taking credit for something he wasn't much involved in, but I don't agree with that. I could spin him not boasting to him evidently not having anything to boast about, but I don't agree with that. I agree, he deserves SOME of the credit, for all selections, good or bad. Not ALL credit for every successful pick and no criticism or no fault for the bad ones, which is the meta on HF.

Again, a very skewed and biased tilt in favor of an exclusively positive narrative of Brackett with absolutely no responsibility of bad selections. Good selections were exclusively Brackett and bad were exclusively Benning. I mean it doesn't get more illogical or unfair than that.

Reactions: sting101

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I am even more convinced now that you are secretly the owner of the Canucks.

Sure, you have met the man, but I've listened to him for many years. And that's my take, he definitely does dirty work for agents, especially JP Barry

In other words...Dhali is just doing his job...would love to sit around and talk hockey and get paid for it like Dhali does!

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Not bashing the guy, but the reports of him wanting autonomy, doesn't scream humble or collaborative effort. I wasn't cheering when he left the organization and thought he did a good job. Him leaving I assume is to his own credit. Was promoted in 3 consecutive years under Benning. Worked within a structure that was built by Benning and executed good to great within that structure. I feel someone deserves more credit and it's not Brackett. Hate him how much you want, credit when credit is due.

I could spin the "it was a collaborative effort" to him taking credit for something he wasn't much involved in, but I don't agree with that. I could spin him not boasting to him evidently not having anything to boast about, but I don't agree with that. I agree, he deserves SOME of the credit, for all selections, good or bad. Not ALL credit for every successful pick and no criticism or no fault for the bad ones, which is the meta on HF.

Again, a very skewed and biased tilt in favor of an exclusively positive narrative of Brackett with absolutely no responsibility of bad selections. Good selections were exclusively Brackett and bad were exclusively Benning. I mean it doesn't get more illogical or unfair than that.

He wanted autonomy in hiring scouts. That's not an unreasonable ask giving he is the director. Not only that, Weisbrod has been reported to be increasingly involved in amateur scouting instead of overseeing it. The Canucks draft board was altered between day 1 and day 2 and it's been widely reported that it was Benning and Weisbrod that did it. That kind of meddling would make anyone question their standing in an organization.

I agree with you though that it's wrong that Benning got flack for the bad picks and Brackett got praise for the good ones. I've been going on and on about Gradin, who gets crazy praise for picks like Edler but none for any of the many Swedish picks that never make it (Tommernes, Blomstrand, Cederholm).

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Don't see it unless it's for a similar prospect coming back on D.
But I still don't see it.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Equal value RHD if possible, or more of a powerforward winger/3rd line right handed center. I could see something around Hoglander and Tippett tbh although I wanna just keep Hog.

Tippett would be a nice add, especially if Canucks decide to move on from Boeser we have a hole at RW. Ideally Hoglander would net us a C or D in return but I Tippett might interest the new management group as well. Seems like a lateral move at best for Florida, they are a deep team so where would Hoglander play, AHL so he gets ice time?

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
When Burke moved to the media he explained that he gets calls all the time on players. And get would call other GMs just to stay in the know. Like 90% of the calls lead to nothing but still have to make them and take them.

just part of the business.
Exactly! Discussions often lead to nothing, it doesn't mean the inside is bad, just that he's reporting that talks were had

Feb 19, 2018
I don’t understand the concept of trading a young player in a clear Sophmore slump
They are probably just gauging value as it seems they have with all of our guys, short of a couple. Coming from the East and Covid divisions last year they probably haven’t seen much of our players, obviously trying to see what teams would give up for him.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Senators could offer up Jacob Bernard Docker.

Similar age RHD that is about to break though but is seen as expendable by some Sens fans?

Not terrible but Ottawa would have to add

How about a Nils swap? Hoglander for Lundkvist

Interesting take considering Lundkvist is the better prospect and player. He had much better D2 & D3 seasons and developed better. He even had a better NHL & AHL season this year considering his his first season in N.A

Rangers in a Kravtsov deal please

Kravtsov+Schneider maybe
Another interesting take as Schneider >>> Hoglander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad