Rumor: Dhaliwal- Lots of Teams calling the Canucks on Nils Hoglander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Very good rookie season for Hoglander last year. This season, he has stagnated and still needs a lot of work defensively and play without the puck. His ice-time has been cut short and the coach isnt trusting him with regular shifts during the 3rd period if the game is close.

To me it looks like growing pains and sophmore slump. He loosk ultra dangerous whenevr he has the puck. His skating is sublime and he has pest like qualities.

I think the Canucks would regret trading Hoglander.

Just to clarify though, its teams calling the Canucks for Hoglander, not Canucks shopping him around. Its well known that Hoglander and Pettersson and are very good friends of the ice, and one would think the Canucks arent going to rock the boat with Pettersson by trading Hoglander especially when they have to negotiate a long term contract with Pettersson soon.

Since lacrosse goals are en vogue, just a quick reminder of Hoglanders skill level

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Would hate to move him before he reaches his potential.

It would have to be 1-for-1 deal for a D-man of similar age that has real top-4 potential.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
These teams probably won't like the price. He's ELC and and has a lot of untapped potential, we are better off keeping him compared to any realistic return.

He's a Judd Bracket pick I believe, I can see a team like Minny be very into him now that they have Bracket but also more because they will be looking for ELC players that can produce with the incoming dead cap era for them.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
For those not in the Vancouver market, Dhali is no longer a trusted source. He's been essentially listing every player not named Demko and Hughes as possible trade targets.

Does seem like the Canucks are both in on everyone and trying to trade everyone away at the same time lol.

Seems strange but could also be true: brand new management team doing their due diligence. You would want them to explore every avenue.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
the-office-toby-hating.gif

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Senators could offer up Jacob Bernard Docker.

Similar age RHD that is about to break though but is seen as expendable by some Sens fans?

That would be the type of 1 for 1 Trade the Canucks might be looking at if they are trading Hoglander.

Though I'm not specifically talking about JBD as I cant say ive seen enough of him to measure if thats an even trade.

The other option I can see is attaching Hoglander with someone like Myers to gain cap space.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For those not in the Vancouver market, Dhali is no longer a trusted source. He's been essentially listing every player not named Demko and Hughes as possible trade targets.
When Burke moved to the media he explained that he gets calls all the time on players. And get would call other GMs just to stay in the know. Like 90% of the calls lead to nothing but still have to make them and take them.

just part of the business.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
That would be the type of 1 for 1 Trade the Canucks might be looking at if they are trading Hoglander.

Though I'm not specifically talking about JBD as I cant say ive seen enough of him to measure if thats an even trade.

The other option I can see is attaching Hoglander with someone like Myers to gain cap space.

I had a thought of Brannstrom/JBD + Zaitsev + TB 2nd for Hollander + Myers. Probably doesnt make sense but fun to think about.

Reactions: Duncstar

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Teams can be calling but it doesn't mean JR wants to move him. Can't imagine why he would unless the package is significant.

Or am I off base here Canucks fans? Seems like he's part of the future.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Trade a promising rookie because the coach doesn’t like him

If boudreau applied the same critiques to players paid 8x as much like Horvat now that would be a sight
5v5 scoring over the past 2 seasons

1st: JT Miller
2nd: Hoglander

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad