Devils will win the President's Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
What? No Devils fans have hyped up the team, It's always someone else.

Im gonna ask the question: Is Nashville elite now?

Sounds like the Predator's need to put up or shut up.

P.S at least the Devils won a round.

This thread, right here. Its also not the only time.

Its much easier to just not reflexively defend people who cheer for the same team as you.

P.S. How about you look up what I wrote in the thread you linked.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm skeptical about the differences that Sheldon Keefe will make. He couldn't get it done in Toronto.
However, I admit I thought the same about Paul Maurice and did he ever prove me wrong.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know about the President's Trophy, but I do think a power vacuum exists in the East for somebody to step up.

Who's good besides Florida?

Boston and Toronto are unserious. Tampa's cooked. Carolina never gets it done.

The Rangers? Psh.

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
The issue is coaching with the Devils

A well coached team can make it far with them. But did they hire the right coach?

Otherwise, I see the Rags winning the president's trophy as they have the much better coaching staff.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I don't even think he's an average coach, I've called him the worst coach in the league, I even got a trolling infraction for saying it.

Thing is I'm not trolling that dude is the biggest fraud in the league and Devils fans are going to get educated right around mid April when whoever he's coaching against come playoff time coaches circles around him.

And it won't matter who it is either he is a fraud.

I don't if he goes 82-0.

Come playoff time Devils fans will know.
He wasn’t the worst last year but I’d put him on that list for sure. Lame Lambert managed to destroy a winning recipe in about a season and a half and was finally canned for Roy.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I'd say it's Edmonton's to lose. The Central is weaker than the Pacific, but Edmonton is the best team in the west. I can't see anyone from the east winning the President's Cup this year, too many strong teams chipping away at points.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I don't know about the President's Trophy, but I do think a power vacuum exists in the East for somebody to step up.

Who's good besides Florida?

Boston and Toronto are unserious. Tampa's cooked. Carolina never gets it done.

The Rangers? Psh.
Your team isn't the one getting jinxed. No need to counter Jinx here.

:banghead:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Pretty shocked most comments are negative. I think the chances are higher the Devils win the Presidents Trophy than they miss the playoffs by quite a bit... They should be top 10 easily

one major issue, the head coach is Sheldon Keefe.

These takes are bad. Keefe is a great coach

Reactions: xigon

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I know, I was also referencing the fancy offensive system that doesn’t get it done in the playoffs. Keefe can jump up and down but if guys are scared to play defensive hockey, you’re not going to win when it matters. Keefe is an average coach at best whose top players propped up his mediocre coaching and then got himself exposed in the playoffs.

What makes you think the Leafs play an offensive system? You don't even watch the team clearly, what makes you the expert on Keefe's coaching then?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Pretty shocked most comments are negative. I think the chances are higher the Devils win the Presidents Trophy than they miss the playoffs by quite a bit... They should be top 10 easily

These takes are bad. Keefe is a great coach
Because he won a lot of regular season games with star players like Matthews, Nylander, Taveras, Marner, and Rielly on the roster? His playoff record is abysmal.
To date, he hasn't proven to be a great coach.

Reactions: myleafs

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Because he won a lot of regular season games with star players like Matthews, Nylander, Taveras, Marner, and Rielly on the roster? His playoff record is abysmal.
To date, he hasn't proven to be a great coach.

He did all he could, I believe. Just to win 1 round with that group was amazing. We'll now see that Berube won't do any better.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
That will only happen if they get vezina level goaltending or if they are like the Canucks last season when they pretty much had the highest shooting percentage ever where every shot seemed to go in during the regular season.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
They're not my odds on favourite or anything, but at the same time it honestly wouldn't surprise me either. That roster has some really good pieces and Sheldon Keefe has shown he's a really good regular season coach, he took the Leafs to some franchise regular season records and his coaching style suits the make-up of the Devils lineup really well. If they can stay healthy and Markstrom isn't a pumpkin, I expect them to be a top 5 team.

one major issue, the head coach is Sheldon Keefe.
Keefe is a good regular season coach so this is a strange comment.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
I'm trying to think when was the last time a team missed the PO's one year and won the Presidents Trophy the next? and in the cap era.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I'm trying to think when was the last time a team missed the PO's one year and won the Presidents Trophy the next? and in the cap era.

this is some fun trivia also.

since '67 expansion ..... cup winners that missed PO next season
  • Toronto Maple Leafs: 1967-68.
  • Montreal Canadiens: 1969-70.
  • New Jersey Devils: 1995-96.
  • Carolina Hurricanes: 2006-07.
  • Los Angeles Kings: 2014-15.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Only 81 points last year but 112 the year prior with a worse roster

Jacob Markstrom, Brett Pesce, Brendan Dillon, and Paul Cotter added

Simon Nemec, Luke Hughes, Dawson Mercer all under 22 and likely building on prior seasons

Devils stay healthy and theyll be competing with the league's best for the regular season award
you should get NJ Devils 2024/25 Cup Champions tattooed

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
On paper the Devils are an excellent team. They have their best forwards locked up for a long time. They lost Marino but got Pesce and Dillon. If Hamilton can stay healthy, their defense is good, but going to get better in time as Hughes and Nemec age.

I'm a Canes fan. The Rangers have been way more of a thorn in our side the past few years, but the Devils are the only team in the Metro that scare me long term right now based on what they are building.

I don't think there are any clear cut Presidents Trophy winners, so I'd take the field easily over any team. But the Devils certainly have a chance to be the best regular season team.

Reactions: HBK27 and xigon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad