Devils will win the President's Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
They're gonna be better just having Hamilton back and pesce but this level of homerism should be checked by your teams board. I remember when you got Marino how your team was gonna be so good and he's so good and yet you guys crashed and burned last year.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
They're gonna be better just having Hamilton back and pesce but this level of homerism should be checked by your teams board. I remember when you got Marino how your team was gonna be so good and he's so good and yet you guys crashed and burned last year.
You think the reason the Devils crashed and burned last year is because of Marino? :shakehead

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
You think the reason the Devils crashed and burned last year is because of Marino? :shakehead
No I clearly mentioned Hamilton did I not? I was responding to the op by the way so taking things out of context is clearly your argumentative strategy. The point I was making is this isn't the first time a portion of your fan base has over hyped an addition and than seen it fall flat on your teams face. Pretending like markstrom didn't put up back to back underwhelming to terrible seasons is just the new addition.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
They won't lead the NHL in points. Nor will they lead their division in points. I'd say they are fighting with the Penguins and Capitals to make that last playoff spot. Maybe the Flyers too. Nothing screams to me that they are an elite team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Parity in the league is so crazy that this wouldn't be strange at all.

I'm an Oiler fan and I see us as a President's Trophy contender as well. We were the top team after Knoblauch took over. The Oilers will go all in this year to maximize the last year of 8.5 Draisaitl

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think we are going to find that Markstrom is cooked.
It'll be hard to tell if he's cooked or if he just got Dave Rogalski'd.

The Devils made a conscious effort to give all things goaltending a clean sweep. Cleaned house of all the shit goalies we've had the last several seasons.

But for some reason they didn't come for the head of the snake.

The fact that Rogalski has outlived Ruff, as well as several assistants is really baffling.

Reactions: My3Sons

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gawd I hope not. The Flames own the Devils 2025 top 10 protected 1st rnd draft pick.
I'm cheering for a Devils 22nd place finish in league standings.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It'll be hard to tell if he's cooked or if he just got Dave Rogalski'd.

The Devils made a conscious effort to give all things goaltending a clean sweep. Cleaned house of all the shit goalies we've had the last several seasons.

But for some reason they didn't come for the head of the snake.

The fact that Rogalski has outlived Ruff, as well as several assistants is really baffling.
Is oilers fans have the same issue with Dustin Schwartz. Our goalies work with different goalie coaches in the off season. But markstrom is cooked. He was cooked in Calgary.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I dont think the goalie with 1 good season in 4 years is going to lead you to the president's trophy. That's even before we take his age into consideration. Probably a good enough enough to make the playoffs though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad