Devils will win the President's Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
1725832764025.gif

Your jinx attempt won’t work here.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Only 81 points last year but 112 the year prior with a worse roster

Jacob Markstrom, Brett Pesce, Brendan Dillon, and Paul Cotter added

Simon Nemec, Luke Hughes, Dawson Mercer all under 22 and likely building on prior seasons

Devils stay healthy and theyll be competing with the league's best for the regular season award
youre-a-jinx-vi.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Markstrom is probably the question mark - does he have a few more good seasons or was his decline not entirely because the Flames also declined.

They’ve got a great roster. Honestly, they do. I hate the Devils since birth. They definitely should be a playoff team and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did with the President’s Trophy. I’m not saying I’d have predicted that for them this year, but it’s been an inevitable perspective as a Rangers fan - the Devils are going to have some really good years over the next 10-15 years. Acting as if that’s not true is just being a biased fan, IMO. The Devils are well positioned with a deep and versatile roster. All they need is health and they’re definitely one of the best rosters on paper in the league today.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I could see them bouncing back to the playoffs but not sure I see them leading the whole league. It’s not totally crazy to suggest though it’s certainly possible. If markstrom has an unbelievable bounce back year it could happen.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Only 81 points last year but 112 the year prior with a worse roster

Jacob Markstrom, Brett Pesce, Brendan Dillon, and Paul Cotter added

Simon Nemec, Luke Hughes, Dawson Mercer all under 22 and likely building on prior seasons

Devils stay healthy and theyll be competing with the league's best for the regular season award

Presidents trophy ...Devils?
Don't see it.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Markstrom doesn’t even need to be vezina tier. Devils looked different when Allen joined. They just need good goaltending.

The defense was also upgraded over the summer so it shouldn’t be as easy to get shots off this season.

Also screw the Presidents Trophy. When was the last the the Presidents Trophy winner won the cup?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Markstrom is probably the question mark - does he have a few more good seasons or was his decline not entirely because the Flames also declined.

They’ve got a great roster. Honestly, they do. I hate the Devils since birth. They definitely should be a playoff team and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did with the President’s Trophy. I’m not saying I’d have predicted that for them this year, but it’s been an inevitable perspective as a Rangers fan - the Devils are going to have some really good years over the next 10-15 years. Acting as if that’s not true is just being a biased fan, IMO. The Devils are well positioned with a deep and versatile roster. All they need is health and they’re definitely one of the best rosters on paper in the league today.
Did David Puddy scare your mom?
seinfeld-devil.gif

And then you popped out cursing the New Jersey Devils?

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Whenever a team gets a new coach, especially an underachieving team, that team has a good year. I think the devils drink from the new coach syndrome and have a great year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad