Post-Game Talk: Devils vs Yankees...err, I mean Rangers

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We certainly put up a baseball score today though. Wasn't too many times the Yankees scored 7 runs last year.

In honor of this, I've outfitted the 3 star choices with some of my favorite baseball names. Baseball has the best names :laugh:

Hope you get a laugh out of it. That and the inevitable six past Marty jokes.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
GOAT outdoor game.

I haven't seen Staal dominate the ice like that in quite some time.

Except for that garbage first period, there's a lot to like about this game.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
they used to play football in yankee stadium. fitting that wed get a classic defensive battle 7-3 football score.

lJuicel

Feb 1, 2010
St. John's
1st was very tough to watch, when we went down 3-1 it was all I could to not just get up and walk away. Glad I stuck it out, great win, keep it going Wednesday.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
That first period was horrendous. The coverage in front of the net was an absolute joke. Hank could've been better too, I feel like he was losing the net a lot and coming too far out in that sequence - but oh my God, that D :shakehead

Obviously thrilled they turned it around and took the game over a little bit there. Really cashed in on their chances. Marty was :lol: today

Let's go back-to-back Wednesday night.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Now, don't flame me here, but I had this perverse wish that Avery could have slipped slip into that handshake lineup.
Just for ***** and giggles

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So a hockey team had a touchdown in a baseball stadium? Okay.

Also.

835592829.gif

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Always a pleasure to defeat the Devils; scoring this many goals on Marty was just gravy.

Some observations

- Lundqvist: made some strong saves; don't know what he was thinking on that second Elias goal.

- Offense: nice puck movement; a lot of pretty passes. Hopefully we see more of that on Wednesday.

- Defense: #18 had a very strong game; Moore looks his best when he joins the rush.

Verdict: great outcome; good showing. We did, however, get some lucky breaks (as well as some pretty goals).

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
5 people watching at my house 2 are asleep cause the game got so far away(including the Devil fan). Bad defensive trend carried over into the first, but they tightened up and lit Marty up. Good to see we can beat these rivals, now lets take it to the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00