Devils twitter account chirps Sabres for starting season 0-2

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I wonder how different the team would be if Beniers was drafted instead of Power. I know it's only October but understandably Sabres should have very little patience for poor performances.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is funny but it must be hard on Sabre fans, who had such high hopes, realizing it’s the same as before. Heck they might even be worse.

I wonder how different the team would be if Beniers was drafted instead of Power. I know it's only October but understandably Sabres should have very little patience for poor performances.
Power has been their best player these two games. Maybe go back to the Dahlin draft and pick Hughes.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Maybe next time Clifton throws a Dillon elbow and to a Devil player and the dominoes fall on them again....maybe the Devils win it all....time will tell. Karma always speaks.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Maybe next time Clifton throws a Dillon elbow and to a Devil player and the dominoes fall on them again....maybe the Devils win it all....time will tell. Karma always speaks.
you mean when Clifton checked Mercer who didn't have the puck at all?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
you mean when Clifton checked Mercer who didn't have the puck at all?
Or when Clifton hit Nico in the head last year with a dirty hit

Clifton has literally already been suspended due to a dirty headshot he threw

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Sabres organization doesn’t look at the competition in the off season. It’s like the owners are in their own world with their own objectives and standards that’s not NHL level. They have their players, they like them, and that’s what they’ll do. Dahlin, thompson, cozens, samuelsson, and tuch as the leadership group is reckless.
It's also young

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
HFboards continues to be the softest of all the hockey message boards out there. Fascinating.

It's a joke tweet, toughen up folks

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Ok what would be proportional karma for this?

Some more injuries mayhaps?

They were missing Hughes, Hamilton and didn't have Markstrom. So... not really.

Trying to excuse you seeing the Devs as world beaters last season?

This would be like a Premier League side gloating after smacking around Bradford City.

Always confused why people use these British comparisons. Also when non-Brits use local British celebrities as if they were real celebrities i.e. Keeley Hawes was seen out and about with this handsome Bournemouth striker.

Criminy and I'm Canadian. We're part of the Commonwealth, Charles the 3rd's our Head of State and I have now idea who most of these guys are.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Global series is basically exhibition. I wouldn't be worried.
True, but Sabres have already lost 4 points. It will be tough to make the playoffs as is, but it would suck for them if they missed by 1 and could point to this weak start. Not insurmountable, but not ideal.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The Sabres board and every major publication has predicted them to miss the playoffs again. What are you even on about?
So Sabre fans just assume their club is going to be bad again? Wasn’t there a lot of hype around that club’s D?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
So Sabre fans just assume their club is going to be bad again? Wasn’t there a lot of hype around that club’s D?
I honestly don't know what you have been reading to get this impression. Yes, we looked at a team that missed the playoffs, that did not improve their top 6 or any of the D corp, and predicted they would likely miss again. I don't understand how this is hard to believe. Again, pretty much every major publication has also picked them to miss yet again.

Would you care to share where you got your impression of how the team was viewed?

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Some more injuries mayhaps?

Trying to excuse you seeing the Devs as world beaters last season?

Always confused why people use these British comparisons. Also when non-Brits use local British celebrities as if they were real celebrities i.e. Keeley Hawes was seen out and about with this handsome Bournemouth striker.

Criminy and I'm Canadian. We're part of the Commonwealth, Charles the 3rd's our Head of State and I have now idea who most of these guys are.
Just a FYI everyone this is the guy who makes up stuff and say's every Devils fan believes the team is going to win the Presidents Trophy even though only one guy said it.

I honestly don't know what you have been reading to get this impression. Yes, we looked at a team that missed the playoffs, that did not improve their top 6 or any of the D corp, and predicted they would likely miss again. I don't understand how this is hard to believe. Again, pretty much every major publication has also picked them to miss yet again.

Would you care to share where you got your impression of how the team was viewed?
Honestly I never seen a happy Sabres poster on these boards ever. :puppy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad