Confirmed with Link: Devils Trade Henrique, Blandisi, 3rd Round Pick to Anaheim for Sami Vatanen/Conditional 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I finally have a legit critique of Shero now. Stop trading away picks for garbage dmen like Prout and Mueller. Those guys are dead in the water after this trade...

Minor blip on an otherwise stellar performance as GM.

and I have a critique for you. Mueller is not a garbage d-man and was playing his best games of the year before getting injured.

Prout I agree with.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I will miss Rico but I dont hate it. better value that Stepan got and an overdue move

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Laughing at people saying overpayment. Yes I love Henrique just as we all do (and now my jersey is made obsolete) but we just addressed the biggest hole on this team without creating one. Henrique is a 20-25 center and it remains to be seen if Blandisi will put it together. Also when you look in the pipeline guys like Mcleod or Quenneville can replace Henrique down the line.

We just got our best defenseman. Today was a good day for the franchise.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
No, he's been alright with little talent around him.

Most Ducks fans are happy with the trade and are saying Sami hasn't been good for a few seasons.

Might be the case this season after injury but they were pumping him up all last season and in the off-season. They need centre depth and cooled down on Vatanen, like every other fanbase they toss a guy aside after he is dealt. Even with his struggles Vatanen is averaging 21 minutes a night.

Very good trade for Shero. In the last 6 months he got a #1 centre, a 2nd line winger and 2 top 4 D. Got Nico and Butcher for free, a 2nd and a 3rd for MJ and a 3rd line centre and a 3rd for Vatanen. Great last few months for Shero. Doesnt include good solid signings like Moore, Gibbons, Hayes, and Stafford. Would have been great if Kerfoot stayed.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
This trade was probably also helped by the play of Gibbons and Coleman who are now essential to this lineup. I was wondering what was going to happen when Mojo and Palms are both healthy....

Reactions: HBK27

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Blandisi is going to carve out a nice role in ANA. Hate to give him up. Rather JQ honestly.

But I've been on the team trade Henrique for a while now. He lost his fit and is massively overrated.

Now I think Vatanen is overrated too, but having him at RHD is helpful. Put him on the second pairing with Butcher or Moore and the D-Core looks much much better.

Severson
Vatanen
Santini

That SHOULD be the D-Core going forward.

Reactions: nugg and Bleedred

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I finally have a legit critique of Shero now. Stop trading away picks for garbage dmen like Prout and Mueller. Those guys are dead in the water after this trade...

Minor blip on an otherwise stellar performance as GM.
Completely disagree about Mueller.

His importance has grown now more than ever IMO. When he gets back he along with Any Greene and Santini are our defensive guys whereas Moore Severson vatanen and butcher are offense

Reactions: My3Sons

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Takes Severson off the PP, which is something I've wanted all year. Takes Henrique out of the shoot out rotation, which is also a positive. Still like Henrique and will miss him though. I don't feel ripped off, but I don't feel ecstatic like after the Hall, Palmieri and Johannsson trades, but I guess that's what you get when you trade for a defenceman not named Erik Karlsson or Ekman-Larsson instead of an offensive forward.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
and I have a critique for you. Mueller is not a garbage d-man and was playing his best games of the year before getting injured.

Prout I agree with.

Mueller still has a chance to be a good 3rd pairing or even 2nd pair defenseman

Ray is high on his progress before the injury and his potential.

Reactions: nugg

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This trade was probably also helped by the play of Gibbons and Coleman who are now essential to this lineup. I was wondering what was going to happen when Mojo and Palms are both healthy....

You would hope something like that isn't why they figured they had enough offense. Granted Gibbons and Coleman's play has been a nice surprise, it is still a very small sample and such a decision would be very short sighted.

We've needed help in all areas on defense and unfortunately Henrique was a relatively expendable guy. Despite our strong offensive start, it still has only been 24 games and you can never have enough depth in an area. In this scenario, we had to give to get.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Honestly I'll miss Henrique but we won this trade as far as i'm concerned, he's not going to be worth whatever he gets on his new contract, he's simply too inconsistent.

Blandisi is no real loss either, our forward depth simply squeezed him out of the equation and he would have been waiver eligible before long anyway.

This significantly strengthens our blueline, which anyone could see was in dire need of an upgrade.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Completely disagree about Mueller.

His importance has grown now more than ever IMO. When he gets back he along with Any Greene and Santini are our defensive guys whereas Moore Severson vatanen and butcher are offense
K, so we playing 7D the rest of the season?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Palms lost his best buds Larsson and Henrique in the span of a season and a half. That's pretty rough. The Devils needed to do something to get a defenseman, but I'm nervous to see how this impacts the chemistry in the locker room.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I trust fans of other teams on their boards though since they watch their team night after night.

Boston fans were right about Hayes

I hope I'm wrong but at the moment I don't like this trade.

Well by that logic other people looking at this board just think our entire organization from the AHL on up to the NHL sucks according to your posts.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Does he play LD? On cap friendly that's what they have him listed as. It would be his off side because he is right handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad