Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Goaltending is far less of a problem than poor team defense ... Zero forward support and terrible defensive lapses regularly

On a side note: You all thought I was nuts when I told you Nemec would be out of the lineup this season too. @SteveCangialosi123 said it would never happen.

I honestly think most people can't see poor or good defense...and if they can't validate either with a matrix it doesn't exists in their view

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Apologies for the degenerate fantasy question but do you guys think Dougie's spot on the top PP is safe or does Luke have a chance to replace him?

I have both on my team right now and probably need to drop one lol.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Goaltending is far less of a problem than poor team defense ... Zero forward support and terrible defensive lapses regularly

On a side note: You all thought I was nuts when I told you Nemec would be out of the lineup this season too. @SteveCangialosi123 said it would never happen.

I honestly think most people can't see poor or good defense...and if they can't validate either with a matrix it doesn't exists in their view
My bad, everyone could’ve seen Kovy being the best defenseman on the team and Nemec suffering a significant offseason injury that has clearly hampered him and caused him to play significantly worse than last season.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Nemec needs to either be sent down or played nightly; this is not good for his development

A week isnt the end of the world but we are as healthy as we likely will be all season. If he hasn't gone down yet, when will he?

A 20 year old should be playing

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

You crawl around in the woods with a bow and arrow and need a microscope to make artificial bugs but sure it’s because of Nemec we think you are nuts.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

you're right about that one. Pot meet kettle.

the team defense overall this year has been BETTER than it was last year. Easily.

Reactions: Devils731

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
IMG_9898.jpeg

He should be fired for that tie.

• Haha
Reactions: Dialamo

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Nemec needs to either be sent down or played nightly; this is not good for his development

A week isnt the end of the world but we are as healthy as we likely will be all season. If he hasn't gone down yet, when will he?

A 20 year old should be playing
I think they have even more incentive to go 11-7 now with Lazar out, nothing really there in the AHL center wise - might as well double shift someone with Bastian and Tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad