Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Still think about this comment sometimes.

bernie-mac-staring.gif

I had just forgotten about it. :laugh:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I thought last night was an acceptable level of assholeness, sometimes games get like that and you have to play into it. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it hurts, but if you can't play that game when it turns into "that game," it's always a loss. At least the team showed the willingness, even Jack at the end, sure he took the worst of it, but I liked the effort put into being a dick regardless. I see it as, "we need to be able to get into and play through the scrappier games....check". Ok now we have a few others things to figure out as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought last night was an acceptable level of assholeness, sometimes games get like that and you have to play into it. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it hurts, but if you can't play that game when it turns into "that game," it's always a loss. At least the team showed the willingness, even Jack at the end, sure he took the worst of it, but I liked the effort put into being a dick regardless. I see it as, "we need to be able to get into and play through the scrappier games....check". Ok now we have a few others things to figure out as well.

Allegedly we were soft push overs again all night.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Allegedly we were soft push overs again all night.
My guess is people misinterpreted the nonsense with Kovacevic. I give Kovacevic big props. I doubt he was thrilled about having to sit there and let himself be punched but he was proven correct when he was assessed 5 for fighting. Had he dropped his gloves he's probably charged with attempted murder and sent away for 10 to 15 at Sing Sing.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
This argument online that that the team didn't stick up for themselves last night and are physically soft is a real head scratcher.

There was plenty of hits and retaliating last night.
The fight and compete was definitely there.. but compared to some other teams around the league it wasnt as much as they could have done

the Devils came out of last nights game the ones a bit beat up and embarrassed (at the end); therefore there is more progress than can be made on that front

This issue wasnt going to be solved by having one or two tough-fought games. Reputations are earned throughout an entire year, including the playoffs; not the first month of the season

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The fight and compete was definitely there.. but compared to some other teams around the league it wasnt as much as they could have done

the Devils came out of last nights game the ones a bit beat up and embarrassed (at the end); therefore there is more progress than can be made on that front

This issue wasnt going to be solved by having one or two tough-fought games. Reputations are earned throughout an entire year, including the playoffs; not the first month of the season
If they had a few expendable sociopaths they'd be talked about as one of the more "competitive" and "hardworking" teams. Maybe carry a mace onto the ice instead of a stick and use it. If the best players on the other team have their brains removed from their skulls I'm guessing NJ wins the game.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
If they had a few expendable sociopaths they'd be talked about as one of the more "competitive" and "hardworking" teams. Maybe carry a mace onto the ice instead of a stick and use it. If the best players on the other team have their brains removed from their skulls I'm guessing NJ wins the game.
Lmao I know you're kidding but having a sociopath who is even semi-skilled is a massive gain for any team

Its why a player like Tom Wilson would be more than a perfect fit for this team, let alone Jack's line. Then again any team would love to have him, hes a rare type of player along with the Tkachuk's and so on

I understand why people were satisfied with last night's compete; you dont win every battle or war. But being satisfied with one or two games of hard-fought hockey is exactly how you settle back into being complacent

Reactions: mdj12784

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad