Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Where Pesce 🐟?
IMG_2720.png

Reactions: My3Sons

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
oh don't get me wrong, i love unorthodox interviews (or unorthodox anything else, for that matter). but jack's are borderline rude and condescending, i'm not a fan.

I'd remove the borderline part. He speaks like a 12 year old. He's too immature to understand people are trying to do their job and he wants no part of helping them out. It's all about what he wants, no more, no less.

Reactions: SansaStark

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
oh don't get me wrong, i love unorthodox interviews (or unorthodox anything else, for that matter). but jack's are borderline rude and condescending, i'm not a fan.
It's weird, because in other contexts he seems totally fine. That one promo video for TNT he seemed totally cool, produced in-studio interviews he seems totally fine. The red carpet stuff he appears pleasant enough. He's just a massive prick during walk-offs and locker room interviews.

Which, I agree with you, I get it. But still. I would like to see Jack mature this season.

Reactions: My3Sons

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Jack was a monster pre injury last season

So he didn’t lose anything from 22-23
Overall yes but he still went through these brutal too long phases where he played like shit but still put up the odd point.

His B game is not close to good enough. It all starts from his skating too. Whenever he’s flying around the ice playing through his skating he’s one of the best in the game. When he’s not and he thinks he can float around and be a hands guy he it’s hard to watch. It’s hard to play 100% all the time which is my concern. He might always have these phases

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
I'd remove the borderline part. He speaks like a 12 year old. He's too immature to understand people are trying to do their job and he wants no part of helping them out. It's all about what he wants, no more, no less.
This is directly reflected in his play on the ice. I'm not sure how anyone can't see there are some red flags here..

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Reading the comments last night, I figured this was going to be an absolutely horrid game. Just watched and it wasn't so bad at all. Some of you guys are hilarious.

Yes we got outplayed and hemmed in at times (in the first for a bit) but not too many breakdowns. Nothing like last year which was refreshing.

They had moments offensively, could have potted a couple more with some better luck. They definitely had a chance to make it a 3-2 game on that power play at the end of the 2nd. Had at least 3 golden chances. Thought the power play in general looked good and the PK although limited was fantastic.

Overall the offensive play was a bit sloppy and the execution was off.

Markstrom was fine. Couple weird bounces and plays made his night look a lot worse than it actually was.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
lol I mean if he gets hurt we’ll have by far the slowest bottom 6 in the league. If we don’t already
Other than Noesen I don’t think anyone is that slow in the scheme of things. Plenty of average to slightly below but I haven’t seen the relative speed or lack thereof in thr bottom six stand out yet. Small sample size of course. I’m willing to chalk last night up to jet lag which can easily last a week to 10 days.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
And yes Nemec had some bad moments defensively and in general. Maybe he is still hurt. Who knows.

Would also like to see him on a real L-R pairing though.

We will see what happens when Pesce gets back but you can't take out Kovacevic right now. He's been their best defenseman.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
In regards to Jack and Dougie, getting back into a groove after an injury and/or surgery also takes a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: NjDevsRR

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Utterly bizarre vibes in here at 2-1 with a new coach, new roster players and some injuries

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
It's weird, because in other contexts he seems totally fine. That one promo video for TNT he seemed totally cool, produced in-studio interviews he seems totally fine. The red carpet stuff he appears pleasant enough. He's just a massive prick during walk-offs and locker room interviews.

Which, I agree with you, I get it. But still. I would like to see Jack mature this season.

Sometimes dudes are just obnoxious assholes.

That's fine. Be an asshole if you want Jack, but your game needs to back it up mate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad