Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The Urbom enthusiasm was always funny. Dude was a grenade handler every single call-up, which was the real meaning behind Urbomb Squad.

I always liked Lars and Merrill, but we just needed someone exactly like the three kids we have now who are all insanely talented, poised and smart. It feels like they Wukong-ed aspects of Niedermayer into Luke, Nemec and Casey.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It’s early and probably a bit over reactionary but two major concerns right now.

-Jack Hughes sucking and always going through fairly longish phases of sucking that are ignored because he still puts up some points.

-No bottom 6 speed. Cotter and Lazar have speed. Every single other depth forward we have is undoubtedly slow and it sucks. Bastian is probably the next fastest and that’s not good. And then the second someone’s injured we bring in Kurtis MacDermid who is slower than all of them. Who’s after that? The barely faster Nolan Foote. Talked about it in the summer but we’ve sacrificed wayy to much speed in our forward group.

Otherwise. Goaltending is better and defence should sort itself out (although less defensive laziness from the forwards would help).

Reactions: My3Sons

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The Urbom enthusiasm was always funny. Dude was a grenade handler every single call-up, which was the real meaning behind Urbomb Squad.

I always liked Lars and Merrill, but we just needed someone exactly like the three kids we have now who are all insanely talented, poised and smart. It feels like they Wukong-ed aspects of Niedermayer into Luke, Nemec and Casey.
Awesome. I was all about all of them. And lars and Merrill carved out nice careers. Gelibombs? Sign me up. I'm pretty of the Urbomsquad

Reactions: Oneiro and Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s early and probably a bit over reactionary but two major concerns right now.

-Jack Hughes sucking and always going through fairly longish phases of sucking that are ignored because he still puts up some points.

-No bottom 6 speed. Cotter and Lazar have speed. Every single other depth forward we have is undoubtedly slow and it sucks. Bastian is probably the next fastest and that’s not good. And then the second someone’s injured we bring in Kurtis MacDermid who is slower than all of them. Who’s after that? The barely faster Nolan Foote. Talked about it in the summer but we’ve sacrificed wayy to much speed in our forward group.

Otherwise. Goaltending is better and defence should sort itself out (although less defensive laziness from the forwards would help).
it’s obvious team is only going to go as far as Paul Cotter can carry them.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Ahem, I hear Jesper Boqvists music in South Florida playing. He's the fastest bottom 6 player you can ask for.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nemec had a very bad game tonight, wonder if his shoulder is still bothering him.
Love Nemec but he’s looked a bit rusty since the start of the season. Not worried about him getting into his groove soon, maybe he’s getting into a bit of a sophomore slump. Who knows.

Nemec-Casey doesn’t really seem to be working overall right now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad