Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DeSimone on waivers is absolutely not shocking in the least. Guy is almost 30 years old and I think he played more NHL games last year than any other year in his career?

I forgot all about him, honestly. He seemed to be a lock for the 7th defenseman upon his re-signing, until we acquired 3 more defensemen the next week, while only unloading one that was signed for this year. And that wasn't even considering any possibility that Casey would be on the opening night roster or play any NHL games this year.

His chances of being on the roster to start the year were greatly numbered once we acquired Kovacevic, Pesce and Dillon the next week, while Marino was the only guy who was signed that we got rid of.

Eggtimers

Oct 5, 2024
I don’t know much about MacDermid in regards to fighting ability vs . rest of the leagues facepunchers. Is he at least considered one of the better heavyweights for fighting ? Like top 5 or ?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
My 2nd son (coming for your title) was born on Monday and we named him Bastian (the first is named Elias and both of these are purely coincidence). He's already catching strays on the Internet at 5 days old holy moly
Congratulations! Happy for you, wish the health for your baby and calm temper, especially for his first two years.

Reactions: My3Sons

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don’t know much about MacDermid in regards to fighting ability vs . rest of the leagues facepunchers. Is he at least considered one of the better heavyweights for fighting ? Like top 5 or ?
He's right up there as one of the best for sure but only if other guys oblige him regarding "the code" which is complete neanderthal Pejorative Slured, outdated bullshit. MacDermid will do nothing to deter useless dirtbags who deliberately target players. It's cheap shot city out there but I'm sure he'll have a meaningless scrap after one of our guys is concussed.

Siegenthaler got his head elbowed into the fifth row by Rempe while MacDermid was on the ice. The refs corralled him while Rempe ran like a bitch. These are talentless, useless players who contribute absolutely nothing to the game while dumb f***s cheer this shit on. I'm old as hell and have seen it all in this league, this stuff kind of meant something, but those days are long gone and the sooner these shitheads as well the ones that run the DOPS are gone the better.

He'll get his 3-5 minutes of useless ice time every now and then, deter no one from running our guys, contribute absolutely nothing except being a cheerleader on the bench while occupying a roster spot but hey Jack gets to be double shifted.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Is it really worth having him in the lineup when he's playing 4 minutes? It's a waste of a spot, I'd rather run four solid lines or just go 7 D.

He's not going to play 4 minutes against the Rangers and other teams employing a goon.

Does it work, no, does it at least hopefully promise retribution, maybe. One thing that someone like Dillon absolutely understands that is that deterrence is going after the other team's stars.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

He's considered the top guy, but there really aren't much facepunchers left in the league anymore.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks, now I'm feeling nostalgic again.
Speaking of nostalgia:

M979V4Z.png

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My 2nd son (coming for your title) was born on Monday and we named him Bastian (the first is named Elias and both of these are purely coincidence). He's already catching strays on the Internet at 5 days old holy moly
Congrats to you on the new little boy! If you want to know what is in store for your future you can rent one or more of mine.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm expecting Rempe to flame out by the end of this year, unless he somehow develops or shows some skill beyond being just a goon. I'm not sure if the ceiling is there for him to be any kind of a player or not. I honestly don't know much about him.

But I honestly don't see the exclusively goon act from him going beyond this season with the Rangers.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I'm expecting Rempe to flame out by the end of this year, unless he somehow develops or shows some skill beyond being just a goon. I'm not sure if the ceiling is there for him to be any kind of a player or not. I honestly don't know much about him.

But I honestly don't see the exclusively goon act from him going beyond this season with the Rangers.
If the goon fraternity decides to make him react the other players he will be fine. Thr problem right now is that the other goons don’t seem willing to get him first. Some of that is on the coaches.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the goon fraternity decides to make him react the other players he will be fine. Thr problem right now is that the other goons don’t seem willing to get him first. Some of that is on the coaches.
I just feel like the Rangers will soon decide that spot is better used on a useful player if Rempe doesn't become one.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I just feel like the Rangers will soon decide that spot is better used on a useful player if Rempe doesn't become one.
Eventually yes but for the moment they like that he is willing to cheap shot his fellow players. Frankly they should be ashamed of themselves sending a child out there who is too stupid to know any better.

Reactions: Bleedred

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Rempe thing will sort itself out eventually. If he doesn't learn how to not injure somebody seemingly every few games he won't be around long. I just hope he doesn't end somebody's career before it gets to that point.

Reactions: Bleedred

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
"could be" sir, please read

and it ain't that serious man.
No youre right

Whats serious is getting Meier off of Jack's line and onto Nico's, Palat onto Jack's, and getting Pesce and Luke back

Devils got two wins versus Buffalo - they better clean up before we play real teams, and starting with the line changes we can make is the move

Keefe probably gives it until their first or second loss; since thats clearly what Fitz and co. were going for (the Tatar-Hischier-Mercer line).

Unless youre spreading out Jack Jesper and Timo across the third line, it wont work

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I'm pretty sure I was the only one that actually stuck with that. It helps that we went to the finals that year

I remember when we picked you who knew it would hold all these years later.

The bigger question is if ATL gets a team are we going to lose you? That’s the true test haha.

Reactions: nugg

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
No youre right

Whats serious is getting Meier off of Jack's line and onto Nico's, Palat onto Jack's, and getting Pesce and Luke back

Devils got two wins versus Buffalo - they better clean up before we play real teams, and starting with the line changes we can make is the move

Keefe probably gives it until their first or second loss; since thats clearly what Fitz and co. were going for (the Tatar-Hischier-Mercer line).

Unless youre spreading out Jack Jesper and Timo across the third line, it wont work

You’re like a broken record.

Don’t worry the lines will get shuffled sometime in the next 80 games.

Also both those lines played well in game 2. Just have some patience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad