Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
K.O.vy

I really like this lines. May be flip Tatar and Mercer to give opportunity for Meier to play on the right wing. It will bring right winger Mercer with right handed shot on the third line.

I'm not sure about sitting Nemec. Casey was good in PP, but Nemec is better 5 on 5, especially in the slot/against rushes etc.
Casey looks good right now. He’s playing his offside so it’s a bit tougher. The issue to me is that right now is Kovy is playing so well he has to stay in the lineup when Pesce returns.

Reactions: Guadana

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
K.O.vy

I really like this lines. May be flip Tatar and Mercer to give opportunity for Meier to play on the right wing. It will bring right winger Mercer with right handed shot on the third line.

I'm not sure about sitting Nemec. Casey was good in PP, but Nemec is better 5 on 5, especially in the slot/against rushes etc.
I already have Mercer playing on the third line.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I already have Mercer playing on the third line.
Damn. I was caught in an obvious trap.

Casey looks good right now. He’s playing his offside so it’s a bit tougher. The issue to me is that right now is Kovy is playing so well he has to stay in the lineup when Pesce returns.

I really like them all now. I don't believe in "win metter" after the first game, they controlled the game, slowed it down after 3 goals, limited opportunities for creations of really dangerous chances. Second game was from the books.
But I think in the next games someone will definitely make mistake. Or they will just use Casey in more offensive situations and Pesce and Nemec in more defensive situations. May be Pesce himself will be raw and they will give him more time.
May be they will build roster against specific opponents. I believe its better to use bigger and more experienced defense against teams like Boston, Toronto or Florida. On the other side its good to have better pp2 brigade against weaker teams like jackets to maximize opportunities to score.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On the one hand, I agree...but on the other hand, I've seen us lose to so much junk over the years I hardly care who the wins come against
Yeah, last year we lost game two the worthless Coyotes in a shootout. Which was a red flag with last year’s team. And we constantly got throttled by bad teams last year. Including the second game against the Coyotes, which was also after Green took over.

And we constantly were destroyed by the Capitals, who made the playoffs by not even one point and had to have been one of the weakest teams to make the playoffs in an 82 game season in quite some time.

Honestly, I think it’s just a coincidence that we play those two teams after Toronto and that I’m naming them. But Arizona sticks out because it was game two of last year and we were constantly losing to Washington.

Reactions: NJ07102

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
We never got any kind of traction last season. Not at any point did I feel as if this team would go on a roll. And they never did. Can this year's version do it? The way they played team defence in these two games, I'd say the odds are much better. Those two games were as good as any game they played last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad