Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
K.O.vy

I really like this lines. May be flip Tatar and Mercer to give opportunity for Meier to play on the right wing. It will bring right winger Mercer with right handed shot on the third line.

I'm not sure about sitting Nemec. Casey was good in PP, but Nemec is better 5 on 5, especially in the slot/against rushes etc.
Casey looks good right now. He’s playing his offside so it’s a bit tougher. The issue to me is that right now is Kovy is playing so well he has to stay in the lineup when Pesce returns.

Reactions: Guadana

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
K.O.vy

I really like this lines. May be flip Tatar and Mercer to give opportunity for Meier to play on the right wing. It will bring right winger Mercer with right handed shot on the third line.

I'm not sure about sitting Nemec. Casey was good in PP, but Nemec is better 5 on 5, especially in the slot/against rushes etc.
I already have Mercer playing on the third line.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I already have Mercer playing on the third line.
Damn. I was caught in an obvious trap.

Casey looks good right now. He’s playing his offside so it’s a bit tougher. The issue to me is that right now is Kovy is playing so well he has to stay in the lineup when Pesce returns.

I really like them all now. I don't believe in "win metter" after the first game, they controlled the game, slowed it down after 3 goals, limited opportunities for creations of really dangerous chances. Second game was from the books.
But I think in the next games someone will definitely make mistake. Or they will just use Casey in more offensive situations and Pesce and Nemec in more defensive situations. May be Pesce himself will be raw and they will give him more time.
May be they will build roster against specific opponents. I believe its better to use bigger and more experienced defense against teams like Boston, Toronto or Florida. On the other side its good to have better pp2 brigade against weaker teams like jackets to maximize opportunities to score.

Eggtimers

Oct 5, 2024
Feels good to have good goaltending …. And a good coach…. and D depth…. And good bottom 6 …

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad