Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
Except Kurtis is who you're suggesting.

he is the only healthy player in the press box. If you take Jack out, you put macdermid in.
I have disallowed myself to comment further.

But solid point.

Unrelated, but I’d really like to take a look at Beckman

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Jumping straight to benching Jack doesn't make sense. See how he responds to being dropped to PP2 if he doesn't snap out of it soon. Balance the units a bit and roll 60-40 split or so. The staff is in a tough spot going after his ES minutes because, again, they have no center depth unless Mercer can function as a utility C. Haula is a fine 3C, but he can't play up the lineup consistently imo.

If that didn't work and Mercer can function as a C, next step would be trying something like this (highly unlikely):
Tatar/Palat/Cotter/whoever - Nico - Bratt
Hughes - Mercer - Meier (he can play right damnit)

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Jumping straight to benching Jack doesn't make sense. See how he responds to being dropped to PP2 if he doesn't snap out of it soon. Balance the units a bit and roll 60-40 split or so. The staff is in a tough spot going after his ES minutes because, again, they have no center depth unless Mercer can function as a utility C. Haula is a fine 3C, but he can't play up the lineup consistently imo.

If that didn't work and Mercer can function as a C, next step would be trying something like this (highly unlikely):
Tatar/Palat/Cotter/whoever - Nico - Bratt
Hughes - Mercer - Meier (he can play right damnit)
Lmao. Thank god none of you guys are coaches.

"Let's take our best PP weapon off PP1 so we can both make our team less successful and get him less opportunity to work through things"

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Lmao. Thank god none of you guys are coaches.

"Let's take our best PP weapon off PP1 so we can both make our team less successful and get him less opportunity to work through things"
If they did something like that here and there for load management it might make sense. As a semi-punishment until he's back to 100% it is self defeating as you've noted.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If we're being silly about demoting Jack maybe we should roll Hamilton-Meier-Hischier-Noesen-Bratt, Nemec-Tatar-Hughes-Palat-Mercer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad