Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I like My Parmalat in a bag

Milk-Bag.png

a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast 'n bulbous, got me?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
New Haven is seriously overrated.

Look at this matzah cracker, does this look good to anyone? This pic is from my phone

It's burt matzah. The wine in a cup was good though.

View attachment 906173

f***. ...now i want vino and real pizza

was gonna eat the rest of the goulash but i got leftover homemade slices vacuum packed in freezer. 30 odd seconds in mircowave.... 5-6 minutes in 1976 GE toaster oven ....add some fresh grated and well, ....done

Last edited:
Reactions: JimEIV

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
New Haven is seriously overrated.

Look at this matzah cracker, does this look good to anyone? This pic is from my phone

It's burt matzah. The wine in a plastic cup was good though.

View attachment 906173

Pepe’s is trash, particularly since they franchised it. Sally’s, Modern, and BAR are where it’s at for New Haven apizza. Zuppardi’s and Next Door are also decent.

Reactions: mdj12784 and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Pepe’s is trash, particularly since they franchised it. Sally’s, Modern, and BAR are where it’s at for New Haven apizza. Zuppardi’s and Next Door are also decent.
I went to Sally's first... I didn't see that much of difference honestly....slight variation in sauce mostly. I did like Sally's better because they had draft beer

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i moved to florida a few years back and pizza talk has me missing home.

zachary’s in long branch and Pete & Elda’s are the best pizzas on the planet, anyone who disagrees will catch some hands

every once in a while the pizza discussions come back...

HFdevils knows when pizza is involved everyone wants a slice of an opinion.

personally i couldnt fathom eating a chicago deep dish slice. waay too filling.... i've made one once in my medium cast iron..... overrated unless hammered out of your head

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
every once in a while the pizza discussions come back...

HFdevils knows when pizza is involved everyone wants a slice of an opinion.

personally i couldnt fathom eating a chicago deep dish slice. waay too filling.... i've made one once in my medium cast iron..... overrated unless hammered out of your head
I never had deep dish in Chicago....I would like to try it. I had deep dish and it's pretty good.... it's just not pizza. It's a casserole. There's a few things I want try in Chicago though like an Italian beef sandwich.

Reactions: Nubmer6 and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i moved to florida a few years back and pizza talk has me missing home.

zachary’s in long branch and Pete & Elda’s are the best pizzas on the planet, anyone who disagrees will catch some hands
It’s subjective. Growing up my favorites were pizza Mia in Eastchester for a standard slice and Albanese’s for a sausage slice. Oh how I miss those sausage slices. I know Sal’s in Mamaroneck still has a big following. Their pizza was always very good. In Brooklyn I was partial to Ninos in Carroll Gardens.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Patsy's Tavern in Paterson was literally a Stones throw away from my house.

We used to go there all the time. I took my wife there the first time she came to New Jersey....there used to be a side entrance for the restaurant, the front entrance was for the bar ...the side entrance was down a tight alley...my poor wife thought I was tanking her to some gangster hangout going through that alley.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Patsy's Tavern in Paterson was literally a Stones throw away from my house.

We used to go there all the time. I took my wife there the first time she came to New Jersey....there used to be a side entrance for the restaurant, the front entrance was for the bar ...the side entrance was down a tight alley...my poor wife thought I was tanking her to some gangster hangout going through that alley.
She should have known you wanted to do the "Lady and the Tramp" thing. but with a Pizza!

lady-and-the-tramp-kiss.gif

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The pizza discussion just reminds me I live in a pizza wasteland.

Although we do have great kase knoephla and fleisch knoephla around here. And knoephla soup...damn now I'm hungry for some German food lol

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The pizza discussion just reminds me I live in a pizza wasteland.

Although we do have great kase knoephla and fleisch knoephla around here. And knoephla soup...damn now I'm hungry for some German food lol
Beer and Schnitzel?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Sallys in New Haven is fantastic. Thats in my top 5 favorite places ive been to

Luccis
Federicis
Krispys
Johns of Bleecker
Sallys