Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
When it comes to wings, I don't care about handedness. It's most important with D, and it's nice to have at least one right shooting center to take draws.

I'm not sure how much a right catching goalie affects a team, good or bad.
Not sure about goalies

Wings I would much prefer a bare minimum of one per line; realistically, as you say, id like a right shot center as well somewhere in the lineup

Most NHLers are lefty but 4-5 id like for this roster's current makeup

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Devils probably win 50+ games - playoffs should be interesting

But until then...

IMG_4716.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Is there a chance Nemec gets sent down again? What’s his waiver status?

(From a contract standpoint)

Nemec was good. This isn’t a knock on him. Most of us thought he was getting a spot last year, but Bahl’s waiver status pushed Nemec out.

• Wow
Reactions: mdj12784

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
im pissed about the over sea games to start...f*** afternoon games ....

i will bitch about it forever but to start the season? even more f*** off

I get that, lol. I hate matinee games now because I like to sleep in on the weekends but I can make a concession with it being the first 2 games of the year, lol

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Prague is a BEAUTIFUL city, and very affordable, and there are a lot of Americans there because the cost of university is so low even for people from outside the country. I recall the first time I was there standing the main square until my brain fuzzed and alerted me that it is NOT in fact normal for the guy next to me to be speaking American English (albeit of the Minnesota variety). I asked and he was guiding a tour - he went to uni there and loved it and stayed. A lot do.

Cost of beer is cheaper than bottled water, and it's GOOD beer - lagers of all strengths and colors mostly, and some craft ales but the lager is the draw. Food is good and hearty.

If you can swing it - and ticket prices may still be in the 500 or so range for those of you blessed with Newark Airport as your local - go.

I've been twice - second time with wife and kids - and would go again. Great place for a semi mature stag do as well.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Prague is a BEAUTIFUL city, and very affordable, and there are a lot of Americans there because the cost of university is so low even for people from outside the country. I recall the first time I was there standing the main square until my brain fuzzed and alerted me that it is NOT in fact normal for the guy next to me to be speaking American English (albeit of the Minnesota variety). I asked and he was guiding a tour - he went to uni there and loved it and stayed. A lot do.

Cost of beer is cheaper than bottled water, and it's GOOD beer - lagers of all strengths and colors mostly, and some craft ales but the lager is the draw. Food is good and hearty.

If you can swing it - and ticket prices may still be in the 500 or so range for those of you blessed with Newark Airport as your local - go.

I've been twice - second time with wife and kids - and would go again. Great place for a semi mature stag do as well.

Aren't they known for their pilsners?

How did you deal with the language barrier?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Is there a chance Nemec gets sent down again? What’s his waiver status?

(From a contract standpoint)

Nemec was good. This isn’t a knock on him. Most of us thought he was getting a spot last year, but Bahl’s waiver status pushed Nemec out.
Last year Nemec was eligible for a slide on his ELC, meaning keeping him in the AHL (and Miller in the NHL), means we would get an extra year at 900k in 2026-27. That was why he was kept down.

He is no longer eligible for that. So he will be in the NHL

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Monday/July 29, and another uneventful week in front of us.
Most posters not even checking in during the doldrums of hockey.
If you start anticipating about the season ahead, it only gets worse.
90+ degrees again here in central NY, nothing of interest to follow on the internet, I've already lost interest in the France Olympics, and too soon to get crazy over politics (too much time for shit to happen).

I guess I'll keep digging through my LP collection. I'm cleaning them all to pristine condition and then playing them for imperfections I and my stylus can't live with. Then I put the bad guys on a list to search for in the used record stores. We've got 3 of them here and I've had good luck in finding things I'm looking for as well as some surprises in 2 of them. The third guy is a thief. I'm also finding LPs in my collection that I must have made purchases on chance I'd like 'em. Some proved to be great choices and others I now realize I can sell and use the $$$ on the ones I'm buying now. I've only got a couple hundred more to go through and I've got the time based upon the time created by the list above.

Hockey will get here and it will happen faster if I stay busy at something important beyond lawn and yard care

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I want to see it. Toffoli was their leading scorer when he was here. The year before Haula should have had 100 points but couldn't throw a puck in the ocean from a boat with all the feeds Jack gave him.

Just because Jack CAN do everything, doesn't mean he SHOULD do everything.

I won't be able to stomach a 'Palat - Jack - Haula' line this year.

I think we need someone to play with him. Really play with him.
I think we'll see Keefe at least try Bratt, Jack, Noesen.

Noesen seems like our attempt at a poor man's Hyman. He's a right shot and does most of his work on the boards / around the net. He scored 48 goals for the Wolves a couple of years ago, so maybe Jack can unlock something there.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
anyone listen to nhl radio they did the devils gm report card i missed it wasn't sure how they liked the summer so far

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
90+ degrees again here in central NY, nothing of interest to follow on the internet, I've already lost interest in the France Olympics, and too soon to get crazy over politics (too much time for shit to happen).

I guess I'll keep digging through my LP collection. I'm cleaning them all to pristine condition and then playing them for imperfections I and my stylus can't live with. Then I put the bad guys on a list to search for in the used record stores. We've got 3 of them here and I've had good luck in finding things I'm looking for as well as some surprises in 2 of them. The third guy is a thief. I'm also finding LPs in my collection that I must have made purchases on chance I'd like 'em. Some proved to be great choices and others I now realize I can sell and use the $$$ on the ones I'm buying now. I've only got a couple hundred more to go through and I've got the time based upon the time created by the list above.

Hockey will get here and it will happen faster if I stay busy at something important beyond lawn and yard care
Apparently we missed out on a butcher cover at a recent estate sale. My middle son has gotten into vinyl and so my wife is going to estate sales to get him records. Some of the most interesting stuff you probably aren't going to see on vinyl in today's world. Sure they will repress Dark Side of the Moon when humans are living on other planets but something like Lark's Tongues in Aspic or Roger the Engineer are not likely to be new at the local record store. Remember the old days when you'd furtively go to that one local place that had **gasp** bootlegs? Those almost always disappointed.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

nice. i should do the same....although it would take quite a while to get through 17' feet of vinyl

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
nice. i should do the same....although it would take quite a while to get through 17' feet of vinyl
What's the record you are happiest you own? At the time I didn't really appreciate it, but back in the day (maybe 1982-1983?) I picked up the Beatles Star Club record. It sounded ok. Not great but you could at least hear what was being played so a step up from most bootlegs. I think it was from 1962? Not sure if it was pre-Ringo. My records ended up going to my brother when my parents moved and I had long since moved on to CDs and did not miss them. I remember being happy when I got some sort of import remaster of Dark Side of the Moon from Japan which was allegedly a better mix. My youngest brother and I drove over to Central Avenue in Hartsdale (that will resonate with some of the fanbase) to an import record shop. We paid a relative fortune for it (maybe twice what a normal CD went for?) and ran home to put it on the stereo to listen. It definitely upped the sax on Money but it wasn't life changing. Lesson learned.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Aren't they known for their pilsners?

How did you deal with the language barrier?

Pilsner is a type of lager from Pilsen (German) / Plzen (Czech). The -er suffix denotes origin. Frankfurt-er, a sausage from frankfurt.

Prague itself has numerous breweries, although the most famous Pils beers are still from Plzen. Pilsner Urquell (whose name literally translates from German into the Origin/Source of Beer from Pilsen) is famous, and in Prague there are a number of pubs that receive tankbier which is unfiltered fresh Pilsner Urqell delivered into a tank and served until it runs out - delicious.

But it's definitely not just Pilsners. Lager in general is a specialty of Czechia, and you get lagers in all strengths and colors.

There isn't much of a language barrier. English is widely spoken.

Na Zdravi!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad