Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
can you translate this in a meme so i can understand you?
IMG_7496.jpeg

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
And then he had a hat trick the next year when we were playing in Pittsburgh on their hockey fights cancer night.

Stuff like that does make me believe that there are powers beyond us.

Another standout moment that I was fortunate enough to attend was his return to the ice for practice following his cancer treatment. After practice was finished, he signed afterwards for every single fan with a smile on his face the entire time. Class.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
What this team needs right now is a prime Claude Lemeuix.
I mean, this is an easy question because Brodeur is a top 3 goaltender ever and Steven/Niedermeyer are both top 20 defensemen in the history of the league.

The best forward in Devils history would have to be Patrik Elias. It's an absolute crime he's not in the Hall of Fame.

But as far as this particular team goes, I'd agree with you that Lemieux on the Hughes line would be a sick combination. I'd also love a prime-level Bobby Holik centering the NJ 3rd line right now, holy cow would a guy like that be a huge help.

Last edited:

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I mean, this is an easy question because Brodeur is a top 3 goaltender ever and Steven/Niedermeyer are both top 20 goaltenders in the history of the league.

The best forward in Devils history would have to be Patrik Elias. It's an absolute crime he's not in the Hall of Fame.

But as far as this particular team goes, I'd agree with you that Lemieux on the Hughes line would be a sick combination. I'd also love a prime-level Bobby Holik centering the NJ 3rd line right now, holy cow would a guy like that be a huge help.

alright you sold me. Let's just swap rosters with the 2000 team

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I mean, this is an easy question because Brodeur is a top 3 goaltender ever and Steven/Niedermeyer are both top 20 goaltenders in the history of the league.

Nieds was definitely known for his glove hand.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Prime Niedermayer with the way the game is played today...excuse me for a minute...
Ya, even in the when the game was played then, Stevens vs Nied's is very debateable. But we also have emotional considerations, of which I do lean Stevens.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching Dano drown in the water cause he has no arms or legs to keep him from sinking is a "beautiful day" to you?!:eek3:

Edit. is the chute attached to a boat or is that almost invisible line a crack in my screen?

Looks like he's parasailing to me
Yeah. that's what I think it is. They've had parasailing out of the Manasquan Inlet in Point Pleasant Beach for many years now. They may also have one up in Belmar, where I believe @NjDevsRR lives, if I'm not mistaken.

Down by me I'm starting to see people flying around on motorized ones, where they're not being pulled by a boat. Almost every time I spend at least an hour at the beach I see one flying around over the water.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yeah. that's what I think it is. They've had parasailing out of the Manasquan Inlet in Point Pleasant Beach for many years now. They may also have one up in Belmar, where I believe @NjDevsRR lives, if I'm not mistaken.

Down by me I'm starting to see people flying around on motorized ones, where they're not being pulled by a boat. Almost every time I spend at least an hour at the beach I see one flying around over the water.
I bet you see lots of mishaps from people not knowing what they are doing.

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Laine isn't as 1-dimensional as he was. He really has improved quite a bit.

If he has gotten his things settled, he might be one of the rebound players.

His problem is he's always injured recently and whatever the assistance program was for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad