Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I just don't believe that you can balance the top 6 bottom adding the physical element to the bottom 6.

Those guys in the top 6 need to be your best players on most nights those are going to the guys that get the big minutes...and if they are going to be mostly soft and easy to play against with no physical element they're just not going to match up well against certain teams.

I don't think that is a recipe for post season success. It may serve us well for the majority of the regular season but even in the regular season we'll see the problem...then in the playoffs when everyone plays like those teams we didn't matchup well against, it'll become even more glaring.

I was a little shocked by how physical the East was in these playoffs. The playoffs are always tighter and more physical but this year there seemed to be an extra bit of nastiness that I don't remember for a long time. Every series I watched I thought I couldn't imagine the Devils playing this type of game.
It is time to trade Jack Hughes, Nico Hischier, and Jesper Bratt.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I feel your pain and agree with you here, other than us “demanding thing” (aka complaining lol) doesn’t do anything.

It’s f***ing annoying that the ELC for the minors was focused on the grit and ignoring how the team is going to be dogshit without offense.
:thumbu:
Annoying is not the word, but dogshit offense has been correct after season 1 and on paper this roster looks even offensively worse. S**t Kyle Criscuolo and Xavier Parent signings would be a huge improvement over the majority of these forwards.

It is only July 3, but with all these guys already signed it's not like we can expect a lot more. I'm sure McKinnon will be signing his normal 2-way AHL contracts over the next few weeks. That only means Adirondack's roster will be filling up.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I agree with the premise that Bratt is a soft skill perimeter player. I pray Keefe can add a little more grease to his game than Lindy ever did. Playoffs are a different game, regular season open ice be damned

I'm not really sure why there is a faction of our fanbase that thinks small = soft

Bratt is absolutely not soft, and he proved it last season.

You know who played soft all last year? The 6'7'' DMan we just traded.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019

Let Jack and the gang make the playoffs again and consistently. They’ll learn to play playoff hockey or go home. I was encouraged by last year. I think a heated rivalry series is just what they needed. Show how hard the POs are, double when it’s a rival. And looking back at last season, they probably needed that too for the long run. I’ll worry when either they keep missing the playoffs or loose 2 first rounds in a row and look like the Maple Leaves doing it.

For now, let’s f*** shit up with these guys.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
I have nothing to do. The streams are too warm for trout fishing ,I'm not eating out or drinking, I can't shoot my bow because of an injured shoulder and I've already tied a 1000 flies this year.
Let’s get a live look in at Jim:
IMG_3550.jpeg

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I implore you to look at Ty smiths graph and then laugh

This guy knows absolutely nothing. He just evaluates using points and basis 100% of his opinion off this. Any mediocre analyst in any field (sports, finance etc.,) would know that is a very flawed approach.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
0 i think?

old school....played for a long f***ing time but in europe

more recent

pikkarainn? (sp)
pihlman?

:dunno: others?

People eat them, I don't. I just like to catch them. They're aggressive and fun.

sounds kinky

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
old school....played for a long f***ing time but in europe

more recent

pikkarainn? (sp)
pihlman?

:dunno: others?

sounds kinky
I'm pissed at myself for forgetting OJ.

Ad

Upcoming events