Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Good, f*** Bertuzzi, he's not worth the baggage if he's asking for term or a dumb AAV after a mid year with Matthews/Marner. I'm sure Keefe probably doesn't want him back either after expecting a ton in Toronto from him too. Marchessault should be the add if they go through UFA for a big forward like I said before
Marchessault is probably one of the players that is a candidate for getting the worst contract.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He had that sick 2013 with Detroit and I'm pretty sure he scored 2 goals opening night v the Isles and I was convinced he'd score 30. Him and Jiri Tlusty will forever be the worst first Devils goal scorers of the season I think I'll see in my life time.

EDIT: I found both goals.....:laugh:

(LOL @ Chico)

(1:34 if it resets)

God help us all for surviving this era of Devils hockey

Damien Brunner, the most infamous nose in Devils history.

That second video just makes me miss Zajac.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
That's UFA in a nutshell, all of these players have warts in some fashion. But he's been one of the best goal scorers the past few years + elevates in the playoffs. Him next to Bratt/Jack would be a really good line
He is also 5'9, going to be 34 and coming off a year where he had shot unsustainably high. Easy pass.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
The thing about the forwards though...we kinda can't go long-term with anyone and most of them are gunna be looking for that

Other than Marchessault and Stamkos, prob wiser to just go a tier below and stack up the depth

or address through trade, which I'm not gunna bother thinking about lol

Reactions: Hisch13r

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I think Pesce I saw was coming in at 6 x 6. Would be happier with 5 x 6.1 but its in that range
Evolving hockey has him at 6 x 5.5 I believe and I'm really hoping that's the winner. Him in the mid 5's isn't bad at all. Term sucks, but can't avoid it if you're going to play in the free agency garbage dump

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
The really hope Fitz has a plan if he can’t get Dillon. That looks like it’s going to turn into a bidding war.

Saw a report he’s got 4 to 6 teams lined up for his services.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
The really hope Fitz has a plan if he can’t get Dillon. That looks like it’s going to turn into a bidding war.

Saw a report he’s got 4 to 6 teams lined up for his services.
He likely already secured it. I know people won't like it but Pesce playing his off hand side would be where we're at if we don't land Dillon.

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Pesce-Nemec
Hughes-Kovacevic
Hatakka-DeSimone

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
You cannot use a right-handed D on left defense. You can do the opposite. Right shooting players just do not play left defense at any level whereas LHD will often play the right side at some point during their development.

Sign Schmidt or Kulikov or Forbort if you can't get Dillon.

Reactions: My3Sons

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
You cannot use a right-handed D on left defense. You can do the opposite. Right shooting players just do not play left defense at any level whereas LHD will often play the right side at some point during their development.

Sign Schmidt or Kulikov or Forbort if you can't get Dillon.
Pesce's done it before and done it well. He did it with Faulk. Why are people continuing to fail to grasp this?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
screen-rant-wow-wow-wow-wow.gif

Going to continue to pretend I don't want him because it could be a bad idea. But I secretly do.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00