Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
The Devils will be fine and Sheldon will figure out what does and doesnt work

Its up to the players to be available and ready. This team can just as quickly sink as it can swim

Prove something this year

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Its simple hockey knowledge that everyone here possesses

Meier and Hughes dont work together; split them up. Weve seen it before and its failed
I don't think it'll work this time either, but I'm not opposed to giving it another go in a new system. If it doesn't work again, just put Timo back with Nico, or try to build a third line with Timo where he can carry the puck as much as he likes to.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Man I swear some of yall talk about the Rangers and their plays more than their own fans do.

howlin' at the moon....

moon.png

• Haha
Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't think it'll work this time either, but I'm not opposed to giving it another go in a new system. If it doesn't work again, just put Timo back with Nico, or try to build a third line with Timo where he can carry the puck as much as he likes to.
I'm trying to remember... Didn't they have good metrics together when Timo first came over? It was a small sample size and Timo was snake bitten as far as shooting percentage goes, but I vaguely recall the numbers being very good.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm trying to remember... Didn't they have good metrics together when Timo first came over? It was a small sample size and Timo was snake bitten as far as shooting percentage goes, but I vaguely recall the numbers being very good.
I don't remember. I get the idea of a Timo/Jack/Bratt line, and in theory if it worked it would be practically unstoppable, but I just don't think there are enough pucks for as much as all three like having it. I'm intrigued by the thought of a Tatar/Nico/Timo line, especially if Tuna can find some of that magic with Nico again.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't remember. I get the idea of a Timo/Jack/Bratt line, and in theory if it worked it would be practically unstoppable, but I just don't think there are enough pucks for as much as all three like having it. I'm intrigued by the thought of a Tatar/Nico/Timo line, especially if Tuna can find some of that magic with Nico again.

I've actually tossed around the idea in my head of COMPLETELY spreading the wealth in the top 9:

Tatar - Hischier - Mercer
Meier - Haula - Bratt
Palat - Hughes - Noesen

The idea being:
1. Jack would do well no matter who he's with. Palat would do board work and Noesen would be a netfront screen/garbage man which he's done very well at on Carolina's PP

2. Bratt would work zone entries and feed Meier's shot and Haula would do the dirty work

3. The Hischier line would hopefully regain its chemistry together.

It's a crazy thought, but I was hoping we'd try something like this in the preseason. Little did I know we would head out to Prague so early and only have 4 real preseason games.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad