Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5750903/2024/09/24/nhl-best-players-list-2024-2025-season/

I am going to pretend that this Jack Hughes projection did not happen.

IMG_5699.jpeg

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Palat to start the season 0 goals in first 15 games

Middle of the season wasn't much better ... December through January 4 goals.

February and March - 27 games = 3 goals. In that period he went without a goal in the 17 games from February 25 to April 3rd.

He's played 120 games for us and hasn't produced 20 goals yet. 13 goal pace per 82. 6m per.

Garbage.
You guys don’t really have any conception of how many goals players score that don’t play much on the PP. You’d be surprised how many “good” players score goals at very similar rates at 5 on 5.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You guys don’t really have any conception of how many goals players score that don’t play much on the PP. You’d be surprised how many “good” players score goals at very similar rates at 5 on 5.
I actually do and I know his goals per 60 5v5 are as high as Hischier's....and I know his GA/60 is very good too...

Means absolutely nothing. At 6m per He's garbage...He's been a non factor for his entire time as Devil...

You just can matrix yourself into believing a shitty player isn't as bad as it looks.

Reactions: Billdo

MWagg72

May 9, 2021
IF, the forwards stay healthy. I think our 3rd line will actually do very very well.

Our issue last season was the injuries and the constant rotations of lines and having ASS bottom 6 depth.

Adding Noesen, Cotter, Tatar and maybe Leblanc will help.
Hope you got used to it, that seemed to be something Toronto fans said Keefe will do

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I actually do and I know his goals per 60 5v5 are as high as Hischier's....and I know his GA/60 is very good too...

Means absolutely nothing. At 6m per He's garbage...He's been a non factor for his entire time as Devil...

You just can matrix yourself into believing a shitty player isn't as bad as it looks.
We have a very brief moment in time during game 7 against the Rangers two years ago. That's literally it. I don't dislike the guy, I'm sure he brings a lot in the locker room but he's been a significant disappointment considering his contract.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I think Cotter is going to be a great addition. He looked pretty good in that first preseason game and he has decent hands/wheels. Him and Noesen will hopefully be depth players like Palat/Haula to bounce around the top 3 lines. I just hope Cotter has some bite to his game because we need that for more than just 10 minutes a night.

Tatar , Palat , Haula , Noesen , Cotter , Lazar , Bastian , Foote , Halonen , Beckman etc...we have plenty of good guys to play in the bottom 6. It's really who will play as the 3C and who will play that position comfortably. Having Nico helps alot when it comes to matchups so that is always a plus. We don't want Mercer there. Haula seems like the most ideal fit and Lazar held it down at times last year without looking out of place too much. I think other teams really have more glaring issues than we do heading into the season.

I'm actually really liking our lineup. Really the biggest question mark to me is going to be how our goaltending performs.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
I think Cotter is going to be a great addition. He looked pretty good in that first preseason game and he has decent hands/wheels. Him and Noesen will hopefully be depth players like Palat/Haula to bounce around the top 3 lines. I just hope Cotter has some bite to his game because we need that for more than just 10 minutes a night.

Tatar , Palat , Haula , Noesen , Cotter , Lazar , Bastian , Foote , Halonen , Beckman etc...we have plenty of good guys to play in the bottom 6. It's really who will play as the 3C and who will play that position comfortably. Having Nico helps alot when it comes to matchups so that is always a plus. We don't want Mercer there. Haula seems like the most ideal fit and Lazar held it down at times last year without looking out of place too much. I think other teams really have more glaring issues than we do heading into the season.

I'm actually really liking our lineup. Really the biggest question mark to me is going to be how our goaltending performs.
With so many D and a tight-ish top 6, unless the G go south one way or the other, I think the in season/TDL shopping list will be 3C and/or scoring wing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Palat created the biggest goal for this franchise in ~12 years. His days of putting up good offensive numbers are over, but he is still a valuable player and a leader. I really don't care if he is overpaid by a mill or two.

Reactions: Darkauron

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ehhh last year showed the leadership stuff was pretty overrated tbh

They go on the thirteen-game run two years ago with him nowhere to be found, then last year things go to shit when he was in the lineup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad