Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Pesce got injured game 2 of the first round series vs NYI, on April 22. That was 5 months ago.

Just starting to skate now after a broken leg? Is that normal? That seems absurd.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Apparently he was training for flexibility and all lately, the fact he’s skating is good I think. Maybe back in 2~ weeks?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Pesce got injured game 2 of the first round series vs NYI, on April 22. That was 5 months ago.

Just starting to skate now after a broken leg? Is that normal? That seems absurd.
Doing a little googling around and it sounds like for a broken fibula that needs surgery he’s still within timeframes that are normal, even if on the longer band of normal.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Maybe it's "normal" but this seems like potentially sour news for us. This guy is supposed to be an anchor on our backline. We got rid of Marino to make space for him and it was a huge move, and it sounds like this guy won't be ready till like December at this rate.

I am concerned about this situation with regards to how THIS season can play out. And if he doesn't heal ideally, the seasons after.

We signed a UFA with a really fubar leg at moment. Hopefully he heals properly because we just mortgaged Marino for him.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Maybe it's "normal" but this seems like potentially sour news for us. This guy is supposed to be an anchor on our backline. We got rid of Marino to make space for him and it was a huge move, and it sounds like this guy won't be ready till like December at this rate.

I am concerned about this situation with regards to how THIS season can play out. And if he doesn't heal ideally, the seasons after.

We signed a UFA with a really fubar leg at moment. Hopefully he heals properly because we just mortgaged Marino for him.
Why does it sound like he’s going to be out until December? Did I miss some news?

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Kovacevic was brought in to provide RD cover.

It's not ideal but I don't think there's anything to worry about here.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

December is quite the leap to make, if it took him more than two months from skating to being ready that would be a concern!

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
He barely got his foot in his skate until today, so he has had no training all summmer. I'm just interpolating..it will take some time.
For myself, taking a guess out of whole cloth, I bet they’re targeting the Oct 10th game for him to return.

He should be “in shape” right now and that’ll give him a little over 2 weeks to ramp up his skating intensity.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
For myself, taking a guess out of whole cloth, I bet they’re targeting the Oct 10th game for him to return.

He should be “in shape” right now and that’ll give him a little over 2 weeks to ramp up his skating intensity.

I hope it's earlier than what I'm conveying but I was using an edge timeframe to explain that he basically hasn't done any training, and just getting on skate could be very far from game ready. Even take Siegenthaler last season. Took awhile

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't doubt that will be similar to the lineup tomorrow, especially after last night's lineup.
It probably will be and the game will be ugly outside of the first line of forwards but that’s ok. It’s preseason and the AHL guys all need a couple of games to show if they have anything.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad