Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey guys, I loath to talk about my personal life but I’ve been absent because my Mom recently passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. (And for those who remember Jerry Gigantic, he’s my older brother, so he’s also lost her.)

She had a heart attack in mid-April, had a MRI a week later because she had water in her lungs, and that’s how they discovered she had Stage 4 cancer.

And then she died 4 months later, so as you can imagine it was a very shitty whirlwind of medical catastrophes and struggles with our terrible medical system.

My mom was a pistol, just the best and we were very close, so this the biggest loss I’ve ever experienced.

She did get to attend her 60th Wedding Anniversary party in June while still pretty healthy, so that was good.

Anyway, not saying the Devils owe my family a winning season now, but it would be nice gesture on their part.

Also, I just got home, after spending months at my parents, and immediately got COVID. So that’s nice.
Ugh. Really sorry to hear this and for you and Jerry's loss. I noticed your absence and was assuming it was just because there's really nothing to talk about here in the boring offseason other than the same rehashing of topics. I wish that was the cause.

Again, really sorry to hear, but hope to see you back as a regular from here on out. Hopefully jumping back in over here, as well as some (good) Devils hockey can help ease the pain and loss.

And wishing your covid symptoms a very quick exit.:nod:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread lol. I've been a bit busy and I'm totally not conditioned to how much the conversation here picks up around camp.

It's good to be back. But we haven't had hardly anything Devils to discuss in 5 months, outside of the draft and UFA for a few days. And that gets talked out real fast.

And after that there's been nothing other than the tragedy with the Gaudreau brothers, which we wish we didn't even have to talk about.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread lol. I've been a bit busy and I'm totally not conditioned to how much the conversation here picks up around camp.

It's good to be back. But we haven't had hardly anything Devils to discuss in 5 months, outside of the draft and UFA for a few days. And that gets talked out real fast.

And after that there's been nothing other than the tragedy with the Gaudreau brothers, which we wish we didn't even have to talk about.

Everyone is hurt and or dead is the current theme.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Hey guys, I loath to talk about my personal life but I’ve been absent because my Mom recently passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. (And for those who remember Jerry Gigantic, he’s my older brother, so he’s also lost her.)

She had a heart attack in mid-April, had a MRI a week later because she had water in her lungs, and that’s how they discovered she had Stage 4 cancer.

And then she died 4 months later, so as you can imagine it was a very shitty whirlwind of medical catastrophes and struggles with our terrible medical system.

My mom was a pistol, just the best and we were very close, so this the biggest loss I’ve ever experienced.

She did get to attend her 60th Wedding Anniversary party in June while still pretty healthy, so that was good.

Anyway, not saying the Devils owe my family a winning season now, but it would be nice gesture on their part.

Also, I just got home, after spending months at my parents, and immediately got COVID. So that’s nice.
Sorry to hear that. All my best to you and your family. JERRY G SHOUTOUT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad