Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
"I think"? 3 months, I think?

"I think so" is what I say to my wife when she asks me if I can do something that I know I'm probably not going to do

The "think" is the disclaimer

Then you say "I thought"

4.6x3 for mercer would be a terrible negotiation job by fitzgerald.
4.5 is fair for 3 years. 2 years 3.5 to 3.75 is a better deal for Mercer though.

You give Mercer two years in the top 6 with Jack and his third year will be worth 8 million in 3 years from now dollars.

Last edited:

MWagg72

May 9, 2021
He better get some new pads. He's always got nice ones and the mostly white is lame.
If I remember right, I believe I read that white pads make performance better. Something to do with making it more difficult for shooters to pick the right spot with the net and boards in the background.

Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Also, Cotter-Lazar-Bastian

1726776061477.gif

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If I remember right, I believe I read that white pads make performance better. Something to do with making it more difficult for shooters to pick the right spot with the net and boards in the background.
Yeah, idk how true that is but I've read something similar before.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
"I think"? 3 months, I think?

"I think so" is what I say to my wife when she asks me if I can do something that I know I'm probably not going to do

The "think" is the disclaimer

Then you say "I thought"

4.5 is fair for 3 years. 2 years 3.5 to 3.75 is a better deal for Mercer though.

You give Mercer two years in the top 6 with Jack and his third year will be worth 8 million in 3 years from now dollars.
I wouldn't pay a UFA with mercer's play last year 4.5x3 or even 2.5 mill tbh. Why am I paying that for a guy who isn't even eligible for arbitration.

Mercer is a guy you can live without, very replaceable. His value to the team comes from the fact that the team can use the leverage we have on him as a pre arbitration RFA coming off a stinker of a year to get him on a bargain contract.

Pay him 4.5x3 and he's really not providing all that much value. At that point I'd have to have a legitmate debate on whether I'd rather have Teuvo Teravainen on his contract (5.4x3) for the next 3 years.

And Teuvo was a UFA signing with the worst team in hockey.
Mercer is a PRE ARBITRATION RFA.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I’m currently binge watching Brooklyn 99 for the first time ever and have decided that this will be my coping mechanism for our injuries/missing players…

Mercer unsigned? Hughes mysterious injury, Pesce surprise surgery and week to week?
View attachment 908058
I think the Pesce surgery was known already? It was just a question on being ready for the opener

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
It’s weird, I honestly had no idea about Pesce’s surgery before or after we got him, don’t even know what happened to him. I don’t recall hearing anything about it on here or anywhere else all summer till now.

Reactions: HBK27

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It’s weird, I honestly had no idea about Pesce’s surgery before or after we got him, don’t even know what happened to him. I don’t recall hearing anything about it on here or anywhere else all summer till now.

He had mentioned in his media availability only, on the big UFA post signing, that he was recovering from some surgery that kept him out at the end of canes season. It was super subtle in sense he said he was recovering still from some procedure in the middle of the long availability call.

It wasn't well announced for sure by media or team, so I would have been blindsided like you except I happened to have listened to the full 25 min video over summer.

Kinda puts a damper on the season start. We got Luke out for weeks, and we have one of our new new shiny hyped up D guy who had surgery in the off-season or even before offseason that hasn't yet recovered....aNd is still weeks away.

A bit of a punch....

Reactions: JK3

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Idk if it was here or a different forum, but I remember so many people complaining about Marty not winning the Conn Smythe when they literally won a cup. So weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad