Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What do you mean ? If willman is a regular in the lineup then there’s bigger issues

Willman goes down 775 added to 4.9 is is 5.675 you want a million dollar cushion you now have 4.675 to spend on Mercer with ur million dollar cushion
4.6 could work...

3.5, 4.25, 6 = 4.53 AAV. That could work for sure.

But I'm sure the Mercer camp would still prefer two years. Instead of taking the 3rd year, he could/ should bet himself.... isn't that what Fitz is fond of saying?

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Markstrom: “me and Rogy will talk”

IMG_5653.jpeg

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I've never understood the point of not showing up to training camp. Get a PTO signed with exclusions on media availability and physical activities. Hit the video room, work with coaches on schemes, etc. There's a bunch of stuff that can be done without risking injury.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Haula wasn’t on the ice because he’s sick. Should be food to go in a day or two.

Pesce had surgery at the end of the season, as was already known. He’s doing good, working on agility and comfort. Considered week to week, does appear he’ll be ready to go for the start of the season in a few weeks. He was there yesterday.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I mean no way of telling yet. This is also a worry of mine. The hope would be that Keefe offering some actual structure can counteract it. Unlike last year where the team was slower and you can’t play Ruff hockey effectively unless you’re playing at a million miles an hour
Letting Boqvist, Wood go and losing Mcleod decimated the speed on the bottom 6 last year

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Generally yes, but the great Devils teams always had a bit of nails on a chalkboard type of quality too - Stevens, Claude, etc...yes it's good to have as many talented guys who don't have an overinflated ego as possible, but as we saw last year you also kind of need someone to straighten these ****ers out when they start lollygagging and becoming more worried about the refs than the games. Sometimes rocking the boat is good.

And yes I know Keefe 'should' help in that area but you need peer pressure too. Nico is a lead by example guy. Jack is too passive-aggressive to really get in people's faces. Dougie is just a passive, loveable dork. Who's gonna do that here - maybe Haula and Palat? That's stretching it, especially since they didn't do enough of that last year.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
4.6 could work...

3.5, 4.25, 6 = 4.53 AAV. That could work for sure.

But I'm sure the Mercer camp would still prefer two years. Instead of taking the 3rd year, he could/ should bet himself.... isn't that what Fitz is fond of saying?
4.6x3 for mercer would be a terrible negotiation job by fitzgerald.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad