Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yeah I know, he was one of the best players of his team. he still looks like a player who can produce more. I didnt watch a lot of his games after the draft but where I saw him he was solid too. May be not so dynamic - could be a reason too. But I really like much more than Clarke for example who was more one dimensional player.
I like the 9 goals and 20 points in 14 playoff games from Squires.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Also, if anyone wants to go there will be a pretty interesting release event in Greenpoint, Brooklyn on Mon 9/30 7 pm

1726264182421.png

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I like the 9 goals and 20 points in 14 playoff games from Squires.
Yeah, thats the solid performance. If he will be closer to this level of producing it will be a good sign. As I understand he cant play in AHL this season and will continue to play in juniors.

Also, if anyone wants to go there will be a pretty interesting release event in Greenpoint, Brooklyn on Mon 9/30 7 pm

View attachment 906833
YOO hoo hOOO!! CONGRATS!!!!

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Squires is really good. I dont know why his numbers were as low. At least they were on a normal level I dont see reasons to worry about. He should play on AHL level now. Good on the both sides of the ice, as driver, as playmaker, without the puck against escaping. Really like what I saw today.

Squires' point total didn't take much of a jump this past season...

1726264212565.png

Though he shot up on the team in scoring, so it looks lack of talent on the rest of the roster may have been a key factor...

1726264278638.png

1726264321237.png

His 64 points in 2022-2023 was a distant 3rd on his team (-26 back of the leader) whereas his 72 points this past season was +11 versus the next player on the team.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Squires' point total didn't take much of a jump this past season...

View attachment 906834

Though he shot up on the team in scoring, so it looks lack of talent on the rest of the roster may have been a key factor...

View attachment 906835

View attachment 906836

His 64 points in 2022-2023 was a distant 3rd on his team (-26 back of the leader) whereas his 72 points this past season was +11 versus the next player on the team.
Yeah, his numbers are not impressive for D+1. But they are not bad, especially when we know that his team wasnt full of a talents. Good play off and now we can see that he is thinking the game over his partners and opponents. Its not just a junior league thing.

I really like what I saw from Casey, Vilen and Squires. Stillman made mistakes but at least he was very active. May be learning process will help. Working on his shot will help too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They’ve dominated this game completely but also yeah this is not really a 9-1 game. Like you said whatever we throw on net has been going in
the Ottawa goaltending was not great but neither was their defense. To me the age/experience difference must be fairly pronounced on a team wide basis.

Reactions: mdj12784

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Normally I'm above this type of shameless self-promotion, but my novel comes out 10/1 if anyone wants to read me write about something besides hockey prospects.
Do you get paid the same amount if I were to get the kindle version vs the paperback? And if I bring it to you, would you sign my kindle? :)

My3Sons

Sponsor

Normally I'm above this type of shameless self-promotion, but my novel comes out 10/1 if anyone wants to read me write about something besides hockey prospects.
I just bought it on Amazon. Really excited to read it. It wasn't what I was expecting from you but definitely a creative idea. For those on a budget the kindle version is only $9. Do I smell the start of a NJ Devils board book club?

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Looks like it could be interesting!
"Could be interesting!" -- NY Times Book Review

Yeah, thats the solid performance. If he will be closer to this level of producing it will be a good sign. As I understand he cant play in AHL this season and will continue to play in juniors.

YOO hoo hOOO!! CONGRATS!!!!
I don't expect you at the release party because your commute is longer than most, haha. But thanks as always for all your support and well-wishing!

Do you get paid the same amount if I were to get the kindle version vs the paperback? And if I bring it to you, would you sign my kindle? :)
1) Yes.

2) Is it possible to sign a Kindle?

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Is the Maine setting a Stephen King homage or just happenstance? This looks like a fun read and I'll be sure to check this out.
No, I go to Maine (Belfast) almost every summer. I tried to buy a bar there like 5 or 6 years back but it fell through last minute. I do really like Stephen King, though -- he lives about an hour up the coast in Bangor, I think. You'll be glad to know advanced reviews have been startling good, so although I'm still nervous I'm at least confident it doesn't completely suck haha.

Any chance you were influenced by Dr Ian Stevenson’s work on past life recall and reincarnation?
I've certainly read it, yes. Great stuff. There's a small part in the book which subtly references it.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I just bought it on Amazon. Really excited to read it. It wasn't what I was expecting from you but definitely a creative idea. For those on a budget the kindle version is only $9. Do I smell the start of a NJ Devils board book club?
The secret of the book is what it really turns out to be isn't what you think it is. I'm a bit of a sneaky bastard.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
The secret of the book is what it really turns out to be isn't what you think it is. I'm a bit of a sneaky bastard.
I can’t wait. I know you can shepherd a plot and charcter development along like a school of herring swimming through a school of megalodons in a feeding frenzy.

Camille the Eel

No, I go to Maine (Belfast) almost every summer. I tried to buy a bar there like 5 or 6 years back but it fell through last minute. I do really like Stephen King, though -- he lives about an hour up the coast in Bangor, I think. You'll be glad to know advanced reviews have been startling good, so although I'm still nervous I'm at least confident it doesn't completely suck haha.

I've certainly read it, yes. Great stuff. There's a small part in the book which subtly references it.
Belfast is really an interesting town with an amazingly diverse and wide culture, from working waterfront to bluegrass music to great food to boat building, aquaculture . . . I hope you frequent and appreciate Young’s Lobster Pound with its predominantly if not exclusively Jamaican and indeed Rasta looking labor. With the possible exception of Trenton Bridge (where route 3 crosses into MDI) I think it’s the best lobster pound on the entire coast.

And Bangor - where King indeed lives - is at tidal head of the Penobscot River. Cross the river in Bucksport on route 1 and turn left.

Congratulations on the novel. This is a big deal. I had no idea.,

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

Is it about a young man travelling around the world discovering himself and how the world works - only to slowly piece together that he's really travelling around small canadian cities, discovering new hockey talents in preparation for the 2025 NHL draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad