Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You would think Luke would have a nice sling with a wide strap and padding, that looks like a camera strap it’s so narrow. And why would you want the arm being supported by a thin strap going across your neck muscle?

It still looks janky to me.

Feel like working your hand into your sweatshirt pocket on top of it seems kind of silly to do too

Reactions: Devils731

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
That's nice. Do you know who is on their roster??? I'm sure I know some, but who are the rest?
NJ needs to post a simple roster so I can put it in my annual NJ/Utica notebook for 2024-25.
May be rosters were released but as I remember we always were the last to release our rosters.

Does Buffalo try to sell tickets to these? Monday 10am is kinda extreme.

Not that its bad they have expanded to 6 teams. Its good to get that much players in one place.
Why not? Market spirit.

Monday 10am is kinda extreme. But if people are ready to visit ice hockey at Monday 10 am, I believe they are interesting/motivated enough to buy tickets anyway.

Reactions: My3Sons

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Heres the video. Go to 17:45

View attachment 906483

stare-christian-bale.gif

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Initial thoughts on the Prospects Challenge roster is.....WHO?!?!?

I recognize a lot less names than usual. Sucks that Filmon is injured as he would've been one of the more intriguing players to watch this tournament.

I'm a little surprised that Yegorov isn't on the roster - he played in the USHL last season and that's the plan as well for this season. Maybe he's still back in Russia for the summer or because he's going the NCAA route he'd have to pay his own way?

Overall only 3 of our 7 2024 picks made it - already mentioned Yegorov, Silayev obviously wouldn't make it as the KHL regular season already started. Also missing Traff (not sure if SHL starts up soon) and Louhivaara who plays in Finland like Pikkarainen who is on the roster. Not sure if it has to do with whichever teams they'll be on this upcoming season, as I think the season may have already started up given some Lenni highlights.

Just 2 of the 5 2023 draft picks are on the roster, with no Lenni, Karpovich or Cheslock.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Good morning Devils Fans

I have lots of time on my hands to read about hockey teams. As you all know I am a supporter of the NJ Devils, the Boston Bruins, NE Patriots and the Boston Celtics. I am loyal to my teams. I grew up in the Boston area, I got my first big job in the Boston area so that is where my loyalty comes from. After all my moves for business and the job I finally landed in NJ and that is when I met the NJ Devils.

I know as you do, that sport books are not in business to lose money, just like Vegas. They have the ability to gather much more information about teams and have more talented people to analyze that data than me.

So when I read this article this morning I said this is exactly how I feel and I need to share. I want you Devils fans to be as excited as me about this coming year and to realize what a great GM we Devils fans have in Tom Fitzgerald.

Here it is for you to read:

BTW, I am a fan just like you. I am not related to Mr. Fitzgerald. I just appreciate him and his talent. I am glad to have him with my team.

Go Devils

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Diotte will be an interesting one to watch. Completely forgot about him, but he was signed by NJ to an ELC as an undrafted free agent back in March. 6'3" right shot defenseman that put up 42 points in 59 games in the Q and was 2nd in the league at +55. Assuming the plan is for him to play at Utica this season as he turned 21 a few months back.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Initial thoughts on the Prospects Challenge roster is.....WHO?!?!?

I recognize a lot less names than usual. Sucks that Filmon is injured as he would've been one of the more intriguing players to watch this tournament.

I'm a little surprised that Yegorov isn't on the roster - he played in the USHL last season and that's the plan as well for this season. Maybe he's still back in Russia for the summer or because he's going the NCAA route he'd have to pay his own way?

Overall only 3 of our 7 2024 picks made it - already mentioned Yegorov, Silayev obviously wouldn't make it as the KHL regular season already started. Also missing Traff (not sure if SHL starts up soon) and Louhivaara who plays in Finland like Pikkarainen who is on the roster. Not sure if it has to do with whichever teams they'll be on this upcoming season, as I think the season may have already started up given some Lenni highlights.

Just 2 of the 5 2023 draft picks are on the roster, with no Lenni, Karpovich or Cheslock.
That was basically my thought too lol, I’m not a big prospect watcher anyway but this year in particular I only recognized like six or seven names and two of them being the goalies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad