Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Sens Dec. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I feel like Boucher shouldn't have used his challenge on that. Might come back to bite us in the butt later on.

NHL set the precedent when the exact same thing had our goal overturned, I would have challenged it as well.

Not his fault the NHL is a mickey mouse league that doesn't have even the slightest amount of consistency

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
I feel like Boucher shouldn't have used his challenge on that. Might come back to bite us in the butt later on.

Hard to begrudge him too much given that they can go one way or another. Hindsight being 20/20 and all, I probably would too in his position.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Stupid challenge because it didn't work. If It worked I'd be praising Bouher.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
They need to make much clearer rules because right now it seems like they pick and choose and the majority of the time when it's an Ottawa game - the call goes against us.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
They need to make much clearer rules because right now it seems like they pick and choose and the majority of the time when it's an Ottawa game - the call goes against us.

No need for the victim complex. The reffing has been incompetent as ever this year but we've benefited the odd time from it too.

Edit: as i say that, Turris gets hauled down by two players and neither gets an interference call lol

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
How many more fans would engage fully and spend a lot more dough if so many NHL ref and DOPES decisions weren't so incomprehensible. Although I enjoy watching my team every year I expect the product to be ruined by the NHL arbitrators and I'm not disappointed. That's why I haven't spent a nickel on anything NHL related in 5 years and have no plans to do so anytime soon. I lost so many easy go-to gifts when I did that but I refuse to reward the NHL for not fixing what is so obvious.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
No need for the victim complex. The reffing has been incompetent as ever this year but we've benefited the odd time from it too.

Edit: as i say that, Turris gets hauled down by two players and neither gets an interference call lol

I don't think we're victims in the sense that the NHL are perpetrators but I'm willing to bet there's a lot less pressure when overturning a call in an Ottawa game and it definitely worms its way into supplementary discipline and video review.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
The CBC Leafs spooge fest brought to you by Budweiser Prohibition Brew

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
I wonder if we were interested in Taylor Hall at all in the off-season, or if he was even shopped around before being shipped to NJ.

EDM was obviously looking for a D, I wonder if they were at all taken with Ceci or if Chiarelli was intent on Larsson. Hall would have given us the game-breaking forward we so badly need and done wonders to shore up our LW. Ceci before this season was considered a pretty promising defenceman (and perhaps still is), it would have been great to try and spin that value into a player like Hall.

Something like Ceci + Zibanejad + [another piece] for Hall... Well it's nice to dream.

It also would have solved the issue of who to protect in the expansion draft; losing Ceci, we would naturally protect Methot.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Well at least the crazy old man called out Emelin for being a sack of human excrement

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Don't know why the hnic crew is talking about the crease with respect to goalie interference. Doesn't matter for Price at least.

Brassard!... Or Smith

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Brassard and Ryan, the 2 guys getting a D grade, with the goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad