Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

shon

Mar 21, 2007
Only a matter of time before Girardi's ape mentality of "Dan see shot, Dan jump at shot" cost us a game.

G blocked the shot but mactruck missed his check and they scored , Mac truck played 25 Minutes I blame him more than any one as he is suppose to be our best d

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Rangers did their part by battling back twice to tie the game. The PP didn't convert but it came down to Brodeur outplaying Lundqvist.

Rangers are 0-3 against the Devils and Flyers but 5-0 against the rest of the division.

Whatever. Devils suck and have no future. No 1st rounder either. They'll be watching the playoffs from their couches.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You're kidding i hope. Because if you knew a thing about hockey then you'd know that was a product of a terrible read by McDonagh late in a game. He should've been backing up to have an even 2-on-2.

They lost due to a terrible pass by Mashinter, a bad read by McDonagh then a bad goal by Henrik, and another bad read by McDonagh.

They are a better team than the Devils.

Crucify 3 guys to excuse Girardi's cave hockey. Typical.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Completely undeserved loss thanks to an atrocious icing call where the PUCK was ahead of the red line, and an "injury" that took a breakaway away from the Rangers.

Devils had the game handed to them.

Ah yes almost forgot this... Brass would have had a breakaway goal.... I thought the rule was you werent supposed to blow the play dead if the opposing team had a scoring chance

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
We were not our best tonight but it was still a winnable game. Every team will lose once in a while. We were not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. Lets just go out and win the next 3-5 and start another streak.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hank was great outside of that putrid second goal. Brodeur was terrible on the Rangers first goal too.

Brodeur was the difference for sure, but Hank was very good.

I agree, I was speaking specific to the second goal. All the Hank bashing in here for him playing poorly the whole game, which is a terrible thing to say and just wrong, are the haters coming out of the woodwork. SnowblindNYR, especially.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Come on, man. If anything they can thank the hockey gods for some ridiculously good luck.

Linesmen hockey gods?

That ****ing icing...since I've become a Panthers fan, I've seen the refs completely screw our team out of at least 3 playoffs years, TONIGHT (that icing??? really????) was one of THE worst ****ing screwjobs I have ever seen.

THEIR player gets hurt, so blow OUR breakaway dead????

Fair loss my ass.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Most frustrating game I've seen in quite some time. SO formulaic. Scrubs scoring lucky ****ing goals? Check. Lundqvist giving up a softie late in the period? Check. Every little, minuscule play bouncing in favor of the Debbies? Check. Don't understand how they lost that game. Awful.

The peformance in the game overall from the Rangers wasn't poor at all. They were the better team. They need to win their two games this weekend. **** losing to this team though. Seriously. Now I have to hear about how amazing a team that's 6-12 is.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers looked like they were a million times better than the Devils but our greatest goalie in the game was Brodeur's *****.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Only a matter of time before Girardi's ape mentality of "Dan see shot, Dan jump at shot" cost us a game.

Learn defense. The fact that people are really blaming G for that last goal is ridiculous. ****ing use your eyes. McDonagh missed his coverage entering the zone. That led to a 2 on 1. Girardi played the 2 on 1 about as well as he could have. McDonagh, out of position, fails to get back to his man. Girardi goes down, blocks the shot. Girardi doesn't block it back toward the front of the net, but AWAY from the net; but the shot bounces off of MCDONAGH back to the front of the net.

So, explain how any of that is G's fault. McDonagh doesn't miss his coverage initially leading to the 2on1 and none of that even happens. No 2 on 1. No block. No deflection (off McD) back to the front of the net.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Come on don't blame the refs or God, blame the Rangers and give credit to the winner. Glad to see the Manimal get a couple points.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Don't care if they had 20. If you're going to blow whistles for pucks to faces, you better do it both ways.

I would have understood if there was some blood on the ice, but there wasn't..and he came back to play.

IBleedNYRBlue

May 24, 2011
New Jersey
Why is everyone blaming Girardi on the 3rd goal like it's purely his fault? Did everyone miss McDonagh staring into space in the neutral zone?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Most frustrating game I've seen in quite some time. SO formulaic. Scrubs scoring lucky ****ing goals? Check. Lundqvist giving up a softie late in the period? Check. Every little, minuscule play bouncing in favor of the Debbies? Check. Don't understand how they lost that game. Awful.

The peformance in the game overall from the Rangers wasn't poor at all. They were the better team. They need to win their two games this weekend. **** losing to this team though. Seriously. Now I have to hear about how amazing a team that's 6-12 is.

Basically what I came here to say.

Dorado*

Girardi lack of foot speed in today's NHL and NYR system is starting to show .that third goal against was bad puck luck .
Can't go forward and waste 4-5 m in cap on G . Have to sell him he would be a commodity in same vein as Roscival was last season to a REAL contender that could use veteran RH d man with play off chops . Sell him high at the deadline .
Otherwise pretty happy with battle level of NYR tonight they lack finish and MDZ is horrible on his R side .

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Yep. Just a completely deflating loss. Awful.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Am I the only one who thinks John Moore sucks? I haven't seen him play a good game in like a month. It is mind bottling that people are willing to trade MDZ, because he now have John Moore.

Hope McIlrath is ready soon.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Learn defense. The fact that people are really blaming G for that last goal is ridiculous. ****ing use your eyes. McDonagh missed his coverage entering the zone. That led to a 2 on 1. Girardi played the 2 on 1 about as well as he could have. McDonagh, out of position, fails to get back to his man. Girardi goes down, blocks the shot. Girardi doesn't block it back toward the front of the net, but AWAY from the net; but the shot bounces off of MCDONAGH back to the front of the net.

So, explain how any of that is G's fault. McDonagh doesn't miss his coverage initially leading to the 2on1 and none of that even happens. No 2 on 1. No block. No deflection (off McD) back to the front of the net.

McDonagh came back and forced the guy into the slot on his backhand where all he could do was force a weak shot into Lundqvist pads. Then Girardi happened.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Girardi Has to be better on that game winner. He basically dropped deuces all over the bedspread. Turns his back on Zubrus and let's him bang it in.
I have to say the linesmen were AWFUL all game and severely impacted the game. I am still confused as to what exactly they were doing , but not as connfused as they were apparently!:amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad