GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Now I'm trying to think what Mexican Coke might be. A Hughes turnover directly causes a goal against, but he creates 3 goals for us, then comes out for his 3 stars announcement wearing a sombrero.
Mexican Coke uses sugar cane not high fructose corn syrup so that would be playing the trap a la '95 I think.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
dukeboys.png

Breaking out an oldie.

nascar hockey league.png

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I really hate wasting Mercer on the 4th line. He needs to be back with Hughes. Let’s stop being so insistent on Haula with Hughes. Let’s give something else an extended try.

It's going to be okay. Mercer playing one single game on the 4th line is not a big deal. If we win, do it again next game. But if we continue to lose and Mercer stays on line 4 over a handful of games, then yes we have a problem. It's an 82 game season. Trying new things and mixing things up is a good thing - especially when the team has gotten 1 out of the last 10 available points.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I always like their logo.
View attachment 624395
My brother told me a long time ago that if the home team was losing at the Hartford Civic Center, that when people started leaving the remaining fans would chant "Let's go shopping". I don't know if that is actually true or not.

Their logo was one of the best in sports. Truly genius graphic design.

I don't think that story about the shopping chant is true, but it's plausible. They really did play in a mall. I remember going as a kid, and the mall was still there for a few seasons after the Whalers moved and the Wolfpack came in as the new arena tenant. I think they finally got rid of the mall portion in the early 2000s, but it was still the Civic Center until the arena was renamed in 2007.

and where's is our pal @sabremike to cheer us on to victory tonight? let's go!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did Ray Manzarek get an official credit for playing the organ on Brass Bonanza?

• Haha
Reactions: njdevils1982

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
It's going to be okay. Mercer playing one single game on the 4th line is not a big deal. If we win, do it again next game. But if we continue to lose and Mercer stays on line 4 over a handful of games, then yes we have a problem. It's an 82 game season. Trying new things and mixing things up is a good thing - especially when the team has gotten 1 out of the last 10 available points.

The point is Mercer and Hughes’ games really compliment each other, and they haven’t spent anywhere near enough time together this year despite showing clear chemistry in their limited time.

I really appreciate your reassurance though! I look forward to your next mainboard trade proposal.

• Love
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
The point is Mercer and Hughes’ games really compliment each other, and they haven’t spent anywhere near enough time together this year despite showing clear chemistry in their limited time.

I really appreciate your reassurance though! I look forward to your next mainboard trade proposal.

They do, which is why I agree he and Hughes should spend a lot of time together 5v5. But again, trying new combinations on a 5 game skid isn't a bad thing.

You're welcome. I'm glad you like them.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm hesitant to call this a must win, but I do feel like we need to start getting some points here really soon. I honestly don't care about winning the division, but it would suck to tumble out of the playoffs. I think it's important for this young team to dig itself out of the hole quick. This is where I'd hope Haula, Smith and Palat earn their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad